cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swicthing over from discrete manufacturing to repetitive manufacturing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our client is presently having discrete manufacturing scenario, pl suggest what points to be taken care to swicth over to repetitive manufacturing.

Mainly what would be cut off activities.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

1.First clear all the post processing records from COGI.

2.Then settle all the production order's using CO88 and then close the production order's.

2.Delete all the existing planned orders (only for the Inhouse manufactured products).

3.Ensure there is no more planned order or production order in the system for the products for which

you are planning to go with REM.

4.While creating prod.version you have to combine the BOM and rate routing(Instead of a normal

routing,rate routing is used in REM)So you have to create rate routings for all the products that are

inhouse manufactured.

5.You have to create prod.versions for all the In-house manufactured products for which confirmations

are going to be made in MFBF.

6.Create a REM profile in OSP2 and make the necessary config settings in OPU5 for order type PE.

7,Assign the REM profile,REM allowed indicator in MRP4 view of the material master and also relevant

to REM in the prod.version.

8.Create product cost collectors for all the products for which prod.versions has been created.

9.Use KKF6M and KKF6N.

10.If you have assigned a REM profile which requires a std.cost estimate for backflushing then execute

MFBF.

11.After taking MRP run for these products ensure the order type is of RS quantity with type PE.

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable inputs!!

We have not been closing production orders since begining, and the fiscal year is also changed so we can not close the production orders of pevious year(I think so....if possible pl let me know the steps).

My doubt is what would be the impact if we dont close the prod orders while switching from discrete to REM.

pl suggest.

Kumar.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rohit_chauhan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create the REM profiles throught SPRO.

Then assign these REM profiles to the materials in material master.

You will have to maintain the production versions for REM materials.

You will have to automate the goods movements i.e. backflushing.

You will have to take care of Cost Controlling and maintain Product Cost collector.

Also before activating the REM, you need to close and settle all the production orders in the system.

This list is not exhaustive. More inputs would be required from the other experts.

Hope the info given is helpful to you.

Regards,

Rohit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kumaran,

i am also in the same line

but my client has both discrete & REM

is ur client is only in discrete

Regards

kumar