Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile generation in child role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Im a beginner in Basis....I created a parent role . After that , i made a child role for this ....

Do I need to generate profile seperately for child and parent or only for parent is enough ??

For me , the properties are not getting reflected when i do it only for parent ??

Thanks ,

Anil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question:

> Do I need to generate profile seperately for child and parent or only for parent is enough ??

Answer:

> For me , the properties are not getting reflected when i do it only for parent ??

Well done. You just found an easter egg

=> Take a look at transaction SUPC. There is also a menu path to it in PFCG when you have completed the parent role. Look for "Mass Profile Generation".

Cheers,

Julius

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question:

> Do I need to generate profile seperately for child and parent or only for parent is enough ??

Answer:

> For me , the properties are not getting reflected when i do it only for parent ??

Well done. You just found an easter egg

=> Take a look at transaction SUPC. There is also a menu path to it in PFCG when you have completed the parent role. Look for "Mass Profile Generation".

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creation of the parent role and abject all authorization objects.

After generating the role, you have one 5th icon in application tool bar for mass generation of role changes.

then all your parent role changes will goes to all child roles.

Regards,

Venkat.