cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change status after creating revision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able to change status of the document after creating revision.

Here are the steps I am doing:

Set

- I assign the change number to the document.

- Now, I open the document in cv02n and change the status.

- New revision is created with revision level 01.

Now I want to change the status of the document to the next status according to status network but its not happening. Would you please provide your valuable suggestions.

Regards

Vidit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Vidit,

is there any error message raised when you enter the next status?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph ,

There are two ways of creating revision level through Change number

1. By creating Change Master

2. By ECR

When I am creating revision level using Change Master , system is allowing to change the status once revision level is alloted.

But when I am creating ECR and trying to change the Document status once revision level has been alotted, I got the error message "System status: the ECO is already completed"

Regards,

Vidit

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidit,

based on your description I've tested the behaviour on our test system and I would kindly tell you that the behaviour you are facing is the standard. The mentioned error message are raised because, since the Change Order is released, the DIR remains locked and you will not be able to make any changes to the DIR, including the status.If this DIR was not associated to the Change Order(which is released),you could have made changes to the document status.

Please note that status change with 'Change Master Without Release Key' is possible to change the status but with 'Engineering Change Order with Release Key' it's not. I hope this information will help you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

We are using "ECR without Release key" but still we are getting the same error .

Regards

Vidit