Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account assignment in Purchase Order

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project Purchase orders are having account assignment N network. This is going to be implemented. Previously my client used budgeting scenario with Internal Order but now Investment Program will be used with WBS budgeting.

The problem is for a particular PO document type "Capital PO" when I am assigning N as Ac Ass Type then it is automatically changed to F by default and asking for Internal order which is a mandatory field.

To remove this problem in SPRO I changed the mandatory field CO/PP order to OPTIONAL for Acc Ass Category F and then the problem got partially resolved. I can now assign a Network activity to the PO. But before saving the N which was entered as the acc ass type in the line items are automatically changing to F.

I have tried out several ways but not found a problem. Somebody may have an idea of why its happening?

Is there some user exit for this particular document type is this issue to be solved with the help of an ABAP er. Please guide me.

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Please maintain the standard settings :

1.Account Assgmt Gen N

2.AcctAsstCat Projects Q.

a)So while assigning the material component to Network Activity for stock Item (L) System will create a PR on the basis of following :

Acctasstcat Q

Special stock Q

Valuation M

Consumption P

Movement type 281.

b)While assiging Nonstock item to activity the following will be the case:

Acctasstcat N

Consumtion V

Movement type 281

So system will create PR in both cases but while receiving goods in MIGO ,for nonstock the activity will be debited and in case of stock inventory will be debited and stock will be received as project stock Q.

Regards,

Muzamil

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

Thanx for your valuable suggestions,

When I am maintaining the settings in OPTT system giving error:

Acct assign. cat. "N" for purchase req. does not exist.

Message no. CS075

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman ,

Go to SPRO > Materials management > Purchasing > Account assignment > manitainf Acc assign category > Double clck on N.

In that u might changed the Consumption posting make it as V n then try in OPTT.

Rgds

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Shri

Thanks ur right I had changed the consumption posting

But what about the original problem as I mentioned in the thread.

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman

Make following checks

Go to SPRO > Materials management > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Define document type > Select the doc type req by u > na at the left side select allowed item categories

Check whether the itemcategoty as per ur requirement is allowed for that doc type or not.

Secondly

Go to SPRO > Materials management > Purchasing > Account assignment > define comb of itemcategory n acc assign.

whther N is allowed with D or the required combination is mainatained in that or not.

Rgds

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

chk what is acct assgn category u have mentioned for "Acct. assgmt. gen" in OPTT...if it is F then change it to N

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

In OPTT Acc ass category gen is N from before but then also its happening.

This case is when I am directly creating a PO and not through PR.

However when I am assigning a material in my project and generating Automatic PR for Network and then adopting it to make PO the following error is coming:

Doc. type/item cat. CPNB/ (requisition) <-> CPNB/ (purch. order)

Message no. 06054

Diagnosis

Purchase requisitions of document_type CPNB or item category may not be assigned to purchase orders of document type CPNB or item category .

Procedure

Check your input.

If the problem cannot be resolved in this way, contact your system administrator.

The latter can make the necessary settings using the Implementation Guide (IMG)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

chk acct. assgn category for document type CPNB

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

When I am creating from PR and assigning PR to PO this is not happening.

Only when I am directly creating PO the problem is still there

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ur error says...Purchase requisitions of document_type CPNB or item category may not be assigned to purchase orders of document type...but u r saying u r able to assign PR to PO..

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Ahmed,

I have removed the tick for No Account Assignment Indicator in SPRO for Document types link purchase requisition document types then this is happening.

It is allowing. The Account Assignment is not changing.

I have tested again by ticking these indicator for Item Category Standard and again the same error is coming.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So u mean to say that..when u dont tick then everything is fine...and if u tick then system gives error...am i rite?

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

This is right.

For Capital Purchase Orders from Capital PR it is working fine if I untick.

But the error is still there when directly creating Purchase Order i.e, the account assignment automatically changing to F.

Our client will be directly creating Purchase Order and there will be no scenario of PR.

So I need to concentrate only why is this happening in PO.

I can forget about PR.