cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods Problem in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The problem is related to Free Goods in Sales Order which is given with an example -

We have maintained Free Goods ( T Code - VBN1) in inclusive scenario which is as follows -

For 210 PAC (Pack) of Material A 18 PAC Free.

Where 1 PAC = 20 BT (Bottle) and 20 PAC = 1 CV (Case Pack)

In the material master of Material A the Base Unit Of Measurement (UOM) = PAC and Sales UOM = Blank so that we can use any conversion factor maintained for the material.

The conversion factors maintained for Material A are as follows -

1 BT = 1BT

1 PAC = 20 BT

1 CV = 20 PAC

Now when we are raising sales order for 11 CV the free goods are not generated in the Sale Order.

Again if we maintain the Sales UOM in CV and raise the sales order it is showing :

10 CV as main item and 1 CV as Free which is wrong because in the conversion factor we have already maintained 1CV = 20 PAC , Whereas in the inclusive scenario it is given 11CV = 210 PAC and 210 PAC = 18 PAC is free.So in any case it is taking into account 2 more PACs.

Please suggest what need to be done in this case in respect of SD / ABAP(if needed).

Thanks & Regards

Priyanka Mitra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Priyanka

This is a very interesting and a challenging issue or question

I think because of the prorata calculation type the extra 2 units is coming

This logical error has happened to me too

Inclusive 210 units means we have defined as 192 + 18 in VBN1

But the system determines the free goods in sales order as 190 + 20 that means there are 2 units which are going free than what has been maintained as condition record

But system converts our logic into its own thro that calcultion type PRO RATA which is the main culprit here

So it requires ABAP help

This qn should be awarded points (unfortunately i am not able to do so)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your comments on the problem.

I too also doubted this so i already have posted this question in the ABAP Forum.

In the mean time if you are able to find any solution regarding this please share it here.

Regards

Priyanka Mitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi priyanka,

Hope there was some problem in the free goods condition maintained it self.

You create another condition record as you want to give 18 PAC free for every 210 pacs sales is it correct.

If so you enter in the sales order qty in pacs.

Also check if you give 11cv means 220 pacs but not 210 pacs, where as you are trying to issue 18 pacs free for 210 pacs but you are maintained condition in CV hense system will consider.

in VBN1 give as for 210pacs 18 pacs free by selecting inclusive.

Hope this will do.

Srinu