cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP ADAPTER at receiver side..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I am done with SOAP TO RFC scenario, in that i used ALTOVA XML SPY as soap sending tool.

But now i want to practice SOAP adapter at receiver side what ever may be at sender side ( FILE or RFC ).

I want to send request to web service using soap adapter and in particular to ALOTVA XML SPY. Since i can send soap request to xi using altova xml spy, i can also receive the soap request.

So kindly tell me the procedure to send request( SOAP ) to ALTOVA XML SPY.

what prarameters i have to pass at TARGET URL and SOAP ACTION. or are there any BLOGS related to my requriment, if so please post the links.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Arjun,

First of all let me know whether u want to know how to send SOAP req to ALtova XML in SOAP-->RFC scenario or else

How to Receive SOAP request through Altova XML spy tool in FILE/RFC to SOAP ?

If it is SOAP to RFC means ?

[]

CREATING THE WEBSERVICE IN XI :

1) In Integration Directory, go to Tools tab --> Define Web Services.

2) Now one Wizard window will opens and follow the below steps:

Here donu2019t go for the u2018 Proposed URLu2019, instead specify the URL as::

http://<host>:<j2ee-port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<service>:<channel>

I

f there is party then ::

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<service>:<channel>.

3) Specify the Source Messageu2019s Message Interface.and remaining other input parameters.

4) Specify the Sender Business Serviceu2019s details:

5) Here, Cross check the details displayed and then click on u2018Finishu2019 button to create the Web Service

document(WSDL)

6) Now Save the WSDL code to the local system. At the bottom u ill get URL based on the above input

URl:

Note: Here in XI there is no XML Testing tool or SOAP client tool to test SOAP messages. That is why most of the people prefer either ALTOVA XML SPY Tool or SOAP CLIENT TOOL or INFO PATH.

If your working on PI 7.1 means::

1) Simply after creating Sender Agreement go to options above to that sender agreement instead of tools menu... and there you can observe 2 options at the bottom side.

a) PUBLISH in SR

b) Generate WSDL.

2) Once after activating your ID componenets just Press or go for option Publish in SR. Then automatically it will generate WSDL and publish that WSDL in the SERVICE REGISTRY. which is latest concept in PI 7.1.

3) Now by entering authentification details you can able to enter into service registry.

There are 4 tabs::

a) Service definitions

b) Publish

c) classifications

d) Manage.

Go for Service definitions::

4) Enter your sender SOAP interface and press GO or enter.

5) Select your interface and then at the bottom u can observe again 4 tabs:

a) General b) End Points c) classifications d) System Details.

6) In the general you can able to see your WSDL URL by again entering Authentification details.

7) Now Click End Points>Test Button>Enter Authentification details-->Seelct your Interface

Note:: Now you can test your scenario in this WEB SERVICE NAVIGATOR.

😎 There you can enter you can pass your Input data parameters in your SOAP interface and execute or test your scenario here itself without any using of external tool like Altova XML or SOAP client tool.

If it is FILE to SOAP Scenario::

1) File Request will Picks automatically using sender File adapter from FTP location and sends thats req to target application via SOAP wsdl by invoking through that WebService.

In Receiver SOAP Adater: the two main thigns u need to note are

a) SOAP Wsdl URL :: you need to target Wsdl URL inorder to connect the target app.

b) Respective SOAP action

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/frameset.htm]

Note;: ALtova XML Spy Tool is mainly for sending SOAP reuest to the Server and not for Receving the file Req as SOAP req. That is what in Altova XML Spy Tool u can view the SOAP MENU and -->Send SOAP req to Server..

I hope now u get the clear picture.

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I want to send request to web service using soap adapter and in particular to ALOTVA XML SPY. Since i can send soap request to xi using altova xml spy, i can also receive the soap request.

>

> So kindly tell me the procedure to send request( SOAP ) to ALTOVA XML SPY.

> what prarameters i have to pass at TARGET URL and SOAP ACTION. or are there any BLOGS related to my requriment, if so please post the links.

Download the WSDL and in XMLSpy you can use the SOAP request menu to send request to your WS.

For your ref. on SOAP at the receiver side ref:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

For troubleshooting base this as the reference - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Altova XML Spy is a tool by which you can create a soap request but you cannot send the request to SPY .

In order to achieve your scenario you need to import the WSDL (i.e Webservice generated in other systems) after that you need to provide the URL in the receiver adapter from the WSDL imported from SOAP adress section and soap action if exists.

Search SDN there are blogs for doing the same

HTH

Rajesh