cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP database check finished with warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting an error in my database of CheckDB.the following error.

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: FILE_SYSTEM_FULL, object: F:\ORACLE\DAS\MIRRLOGA, value: 98.42% (>= 95%)

In DB02 Details

Tablespace Size (kb) Free (kb) Used (%)

PSAPDDAS 96,256,000 13,071,936 86

PSAPDAS640 51,363,840 11,695,936 77

PSAPDASUSR 40,480 18,240 5

PSAPTEMP 11,264,000 11,264,000 0

PSAPUNDO 20,480,000 19,933,440 2

SYSTEM 1,126,400 544,704 51

And the space on your disk is about 3 GB

I have add the datafile in different drive but sitll error is there and adding space to that drive is not possible Please suggest how to solve the problem and any caution and precaution i have to take.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may help you.

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=16513]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The F: drive is have only sap data (datafile, MirrlogA,OriglogB

MirrlogB, OriglogA ) the oracle home and sap is on different drives.

What will happened if FILE_SYSTEM_FULL and what caution and precaution can be done except adding phy spaces

Is there a why to move the datafile so we can move some datafile form F drive.

If Yes please suggest step by step process and is there any risk while doing this.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks the is link is very helpfully but i have some quires .

We are trying to move 1 data file from F drive to some diffrient drive do am following step

Eg.F:\oracle\ DAS\sapdata4\dev_39\*DAS.DATA39*

Start BRTools, select option 2 (Space Management) then option 6 (Move data file)

And option 4(Data file name)

u201CDAS.DATA39u201D

after this I have to give what ?

Please suggest the next steps which will come ,it can be done online .

what caution we have to be taken before doing this.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need stop sap application before moving data file (database will be not stoped), and very good if you do full offline backup of DB,control files and redo logs before doing this .

About your question :

Start BRTools, select option 2 (Space Management) then option 6 (Move data file)
And option 4(Data file name)
u201CDAS.DATA39u201D
after this I have to give what ?

looks like

after only press 'C' --> c - cont (no need any parameters like DAS.DATA39),

you will see "List of data files for moving"

after press the number of table space as you see example :

1 - PSAPSR3 ONLINE FILE 2048000 E:\ORACLE\SID\SAPDATA2\SR3_1\SR3.DATA1

2 - PSAPSR3 ONLINE FILE 2048000 E:\ORACLE\SID\SAPDATA2\SR3_2\SR3.DATA2

3 - PSAPSR3 ONLINE FILE 2048000 E:\ORACLE\SID\SAPDATA2\SR3_3\SR3.DATA3

write 3 (for example if you want move sr3.data3) and press enter

you will see next step where you need to select the destination and if required any other parameters

as Raw disk / link target or Parallel copy processes ...

the destination you will specify as :

Drive:\ORACLE\SID\SAPDATAN (N new number of datafolder).

after press same "c" and continiue (the database will be shuting down during this procees by BRTOOLS).

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan

In DB17-all database check conditions, these thresholds are set to give warnings or error messages if any parameter exceeds certain threshold.

there four types of check operations are set:

database Administration

database operations

database messages

database profile

In Database Administration, this FILE_SYSTEM_FULL check is maintained in DB17, so in your case this threshold is set to 95% for any db filesystem.

Since this is FileSystemfull check, so no need to add datafile, means it doesn't require increment of space at logical/db level but it requires increment of space at file system level i.e. at OS level/disk level.

since, you said that, it's not possible to extend the space at disk level yet, so you can change this DBA: FILE_SYSTEM_FULL check in DB17. select the row of this check and go into edit mode, there you can set the threshold to 99%, if you really want to remove this warning from your checkdb job warnings. (we have set it to 99%).

however, try to extend space at OS in near future...if F:\ORACLE\DAS\MIRRLOGA should not be totally full.

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks all For you suggestions.So there is no harm.

Please find the details of Drive F

Sapcheck,Sapbackup,Saparch,Sapreorg, Saptrace ,databasebak,MirrlogA,OriglogB

MirrlogB, OriglogA and Sapdata from 1-5

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all try to check core files and other old log files and move to another place for example -->

in saptrace\background folder ... You say about dir in F:\ORACLE\ folder, you not have any other files in F disk?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That all the file F drive and the size of folder are not more the 200M Sapcheck,Sapbackup,Saparch,Sapreorg, Saptrace ,databasebak,MirrlogA,OriglogB

MirrlogB, OriglogA.

The size of Sapdata folder is in min 10 GB to 90GB.

Please suggest in details how to free the space.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you not have any other files on F disk whan you have problem with this, i can't understand your file struckture on disk F , you only have the F:\ORACLE folder at all this disk? Yes you can create other data files on other drives, but you need to alwayes check this F drive , becouse it can be full at any time of work.

You need to think about this situation (buy new hardware for example), but now that it is difficult to say because you describe the situation very poorly.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it's only warning, if you do not want to increase the redo log size in the near future, note that the

file system is full .

P.S. hmm you have the Windows, and the 3 GB space are on your F drive (not mounted file system F:\ORACLE\DAS\MIRRLOGA ?)

What else you have to drive F?

Regards.