cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to fetch serial number in MFBF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are doing production booking through MFBF transaction and the serial number has to be enterred for each backflush.

I want to check the serial number for validation, hence i am using user exit "ZXMRMU02" with customised code.

I need to fetch plant and posting date from input screen and compare the posting month with serial number letter(month) if both are matching then only I should be able to do MFBF otherwise system should through an errror message that " posting is not in current month.

The problem here is I am unable to fetch serial number from input screen (Program Name SAPLIPW1 & Screen Number 0200). however I am able to get Material , Posting dates, Plant.

Please suggest how can we fetch serial number from input screen.

when i go with field exit, I could fetch serial number but not able to fetch plant and posting dates which are in first screen.

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

As per Std SAP behaviour, You can't use Serial Number Management for Goods Movement with Backflushing.When you are setting Backflush indicator as 1 always backflush in Material master system will not allow you to maintain serial number profile in work scheduling view.

Also go thr. SAP Note No. 317455 for more clarification about using serial numbers with backflushing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tejas

Edited by: Tejas Pujara on Apr 10, 2009 7:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

My requirement is for finished part for whcih we maintain serial number proile and whcih is obligatory during 131 mvt.

Our serial number has 13 th letter which denotes "month code", for validation of serial number with posting date, we made a Z table.

Before 131 document gets generated system should perform a check whcih should not allow if month code is of future month.

Thanks,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For finished part , I hope you have not maintained backflush indicator so you will be able to maintain serial number management.However I dont have any idea about maintaining serial numbers for 131 movement in REM.Wait for other expert's view point.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

it can be done through some import and export options in BADi.

pl close the thread

Kumar

Answers (0)