Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - Resources Staffing Mass update with distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing staffing for resources with distribution in cprojects

There are certain support projects where the Manager has to

- extend the End dates of resources

- Add distribution hours for the extended period (8 hours each day)

One of these projects has 150 resources allocated

So, it is a huge task to update each resource and the distribution hours manually.

Is there any easier way to do this mass update

Any standard routine or an FM available to do these steps, or can we write a custom routine to do this

Any help, document is welcome

rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

You can try using FM BAPI_BUS2177_STAFFING_CHANGE. You can change the end dates of resources via this FM.

Alternately you can also look in FM group DPR_BUS2177 for additional FMs that might be of help.

Regards,

Debaranjan Hazarika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Debaranjan,

Does this FM - BAPI_BUS2177_STAFFING_CHANGE, also update the Distribution hours?

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

What exactly is 'Distribution Hours'? If it is the 'Required Capacity' field then you can change it through the FM. The required field for it is in the structure IS_STAFFINGLINK in the FM.

Please check and confirm.

Regards,

Debaranjan Hazarika.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello !

I think the distribution is in table DPR_BUPA_DIST. I have already updated the data directly on the database and it then was shown in cProjects correctly. I know it is not the best way, but fast and simple.

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

For sure it's not the best way.

I would recommend to use method CL_DPR_BUPA_DISTRIBUTION->set_advanced_distribution to update your staffing distribution. This is a standard and secured way to update staffing data. The result is the same, but we don't udpate directly the database, and it's much easier to use. You can call it once with all your staffing data in a unique structure.

Matthias