cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call a WDA app from ECM Selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on mss~ecm component and in the selection screen there is a field Employee Name which is a hyperlink.If i click that link it will invoke the resource MSS_HCM_SERV_COMPENSATION_PROFILES which is linked to a WDJ application and it displays compensation related information for that employee.Instead of calling the WDJ application I am planning to call WDA application and pass the selected employee name to that application.

How to capture the employee name or userid when i click the Employee name hyperlink in a particular row

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The parameter are already getting passed : check in your VEcmSelectionComp Component Controller , there is a method oadpEventDataViewContentUpdated this method is calling ecmUtil (helper class) to set the parameter to be passed to the called WDJ (Sap Stand) application to display the enployee data/profile.

Related to your query, you can develop a WDA application for Employee Profile display and configure it as an ivew in the portal. In the OADP replace the WDJ application PCD location with your WDA pcd location. Since The values are already getting passed as URL paramater on click on link ,in your custom WDA you will have to just retrieve these passed values in the default plug event in the interface controller of the WDA.

Edited by: Saurabh on Apr 10, 2009 5:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

That looks promising and actually i did like that.I was able to invoke WDA applicationbut having problem in retreiving the parameters.

This is the url

http://host:port/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=ROLES%3A%2F%2Fportal_content%2Fcom.swissre.fol.WDJWDA%2...

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try pulling the passed parameters in the WDA in the default plug event or you need the way to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

I tried with the following code in the HANDLEDEFAULT method of window

types:

begin of param_t,

name type string,

value type string,

end of param_t.

data: params type standard table of param_t.

data: param like line of params.

wdevent->get_data(

exporting

name = '_ALL_URL_PARAMETERS'

importing

value = params

).

but params is initial

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can somebody help

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I am not getting any answer i am closing the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

I am facing the same issue. Do you have any idea how to resolve it. Any help on this greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Srinivas