Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape Understanding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i need some clarification on Landscape

My Client implemented for their UK region and now we r into Rollout phase.

For UK, we have like this DEV1---QAS1--

PRD

For US , we have like this DEV2--QAS2--

Already some interfaces are there in PRD running live for UK.

Suppose in one interface, If some extra Transformation needs to be implement with respect to US means , i have to develop in XI and needs to be transported to PRD.

With out disturbing the Live interfaces running in live for UK, how can i Trasport the Interface with new development.

How to proceed further....

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might want to differentiate your UK and US interfaces until all the instances of the UK interface are completed.

Here is the strategy which I think makes sense:

1. Create a new product and component version in the SLD to represent new interfaces for US.

2. Import the component version into the Enterprise Services Repository (Integration Repository).

3. In the technical systems that represent the product, add the new product versions, together with the software component versions (the ADD link for installed products).

4. In the business systems that correspond to the technical systems, select the new product version under Installed Products, and save your changes.

5. In the Enterprise Services Repository (Integration Repository), create and activate the same namespaces as in the software component version of the UK.

6. Copy the UK interfaces into US interfaces, and do necessary changes over there.

When it comes to production, you will have 2 interfaces running for a moment, those are UK and US version. You can turn off the UK interface version once all the instances of the UK interface are completed. Go to technical systems and delete the old product version (Remove button for software component versions).

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lim for the hints.

Now we are going with the Single Landscape only for XI in both UK & US cases

i.e XI-DEV--XI-QTY--XI-PRD only

But in case of ECC we have another Landscape for US case.

ECC2 we need to connect with XI-DEV and in the same time ECC1 should not disturb the existing interfaces with XI-DEV.

How to proceed with this and where and all i have to take care

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't want to change the current running UK interfaces for US interface requirements. As such the same strategy which I explain before can still be used. The only differences is that now you will be having 2 technical systems instead of 1.

Here is the strategy:

1. Create a new product and component version in the SLD to represent new interfaces for US.

2. Create new technical systems for US ECC2 (use RZ70), add the new product and component versions.

3. Create new business systems that correspond to the technical systems.

4. Import the component version into the Enterprise Services Repository (ESR).

5. Import the business system into Integration Directory (ID.

6. In ESR, create and activate the same namespaces as in the software component version of the UK.

7. In ESR, copy the UK interfaces into US interfaces, and do necessary changes over there based on US interfaces requirements.

8. in ID, create new configuration scenarios and points it to the new business systems.

When it comes to production, you will have 2 interfaces running, one for UK and another one for US version. After they are stable, you can possibly combine their definition in ESR and configuration in ID (not always possible).

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the explaination.

Can i go like this...

Use the Same SWCV (say SWCV1) which was used for UK and develop new interfaces based on req. for US also.

Just Export the Newly developed interfaces and if any changes were done to the old UK interfaces, then those alone to procution.

Will this be done

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can do that too.

1. You just need to make sure that every time when you build new interfaces for US, you don't accidentally change the existing UK interfaces;

2. And when you change the existing interface for US requirements, you make sure it works for UK requirements as well. You would probably need a regression test.

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>2. And when you change the existing interface for US requirements, you make sure it works for UK requirements as well. You would probably need a regression test

Yes, you are right.this also i shld consider.

chages in the sense , mostly the changes would be related to US business changes, geographical changes . as far as i know there wont be much changes to existing UK interfaces w.r.t US business.

I have another approch here

I will use the SWCV1 itself which is there already , if there is any changes to UK interfaces w.r.t US requirement i will do that in SWCV1 and export the same to QTY----PRD

And i will create SWCV2 for US new interfaces and develop in DEV and move to QTY---PRD

Is this approch is good or how to proceed

Your valuable suggessions are most welcome

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can also do that. New US interfaces in SWCV2, and the rest still using SWCV1.

The key word over here, is as long as you can control your changes in such a way, that UK requirements are not or less affected.

If you have to touch any UK interface w.r.t. US interface requirement in SWCV1, I would recommend you to do regression test, especially if the changes involve the Integration Repository objects, like Data Type, Mapping, etc...

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruslim,

This is the Great help from your side as of now...

Sorry to trouble you every time.

We decided to go like this..

ECCDEV1 and ECCDEV2 Connected XIDEV---- ECCQTY1 And ECCQTY2 Connected to XIQTY---- ECCPRD connected to XIPRD

Now i will Create SWC2 which will have the copy of all UK interfaces and will develop any New DEv w.r.t US

As you said in Production this time we will have Two Interfaces for a while.

How to De activate or Drop the connection with SWC1 so that it shld work only the Interfaces those are Associated with SWC2 in Future

Iam Using the Business system of Type Web As ABAP and Business Service only. Iam not using any Third Party Business Systems here.

How to do that

Please give me some Idea

Regards

Edited by: Vamsi Krishna on May 11, 2009 8:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These following steps are required if you want to "deactivate" or "decommission" your SWCV1.

1. Go to SLD

a. Add SWCV2 into the Technical System of ECCDEV1

b. Delete SWCV1 from Technical System of ECCDEV1

c. Add SWC2 into Business System of ECCDEV1

2. Go to Integration Directory

a. Clear the SLD data cache

b. Test the configuration of all interfaces which previously belong to SWCV1. Make sure this works properly before you proceed to step3.

3. Go to Enterprise Service Repository

a. Delete all the namespaces from SWCV1

b. Delete the SWCV1.

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruslim,

I will explain the requirement. All the Idoc--- File scenarios

we have DEVECC1 for UK Environment and DEVECC2 for US Environment. Production is common one for both.... XI Landscape is DEVXIQTYXI--PRDXI

We implemented 10 Interfaces in UK Implementation, those r running live Now.

Now we are in the Rollout and Development for US

If any changes to the Existing interfaces means i have to do some mapping changes and config changes w.r.t UK & US requirements, inorder to fulfil the requirement in both cases.

If there is any New Development w.r.t. US means We have to Develop New Scenarios

The Connection with DEVECC1 shld be there , it shld not be disturbed.and DEVECC2 also shld be there

Please advice me How to proceed with the Design and How to proceed with Configuration

Please suggest me how to proceed for this And suggest me the Landscape Design also

Regards

Vamsi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vamsi,

Ruslim has given quiet a good solution to your problem , i fully agree with him. No point in me repeating the same thing.

Regards

joel