cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repalce old user ID with new user ID in Org Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement. In our company, we have different type of user IDs for permanent employees and contractors.

Whenever the contractors postion gets confirmed we will create a new user ID for that person.

Now this new user ID has to be updated in the SRM org plan.

As the user's old user ID is already assigned in the org plan and at the same time user have created lot of shopping carts, we want to replace his old user ID with the new one so that all the shopping carts will not get deleted.

Basically I want to know, how to unassign the user ID from business partner and assign a new user ID.

Is it possible to replace like that? Please advise.

Thanks,

SS

Edited by: SRM Stranger on Apr 10, 2009 1:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not possible to replace the old user id with the new user id in the org plan. following are the various things you have to consider .

1) all the old shopping carts which were created using the old user id are to be closed first , if you remove the old userid from the system without closing the shopping carts, those shopping carts will be of no use and can not be processed by the new user id.

2) what customers do with the contractors is to , update valid to field in the user id ( transaction SU01), once the contractor becomes permanent , then this field will be made empty.

3) it is not possible to change business partners between old user id and new user id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try using txn BP, General Data-->Identification, then update the user name field. I used to do this and it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glen,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the Identification tab in txn: BP. But I couldn;t see any field for user name. In that tab I have only personal data, identification numbers and tax numbers.

I am in SRM 4.0.

Could you please explain me in more detail?

I need to replace the user ID assigned to the business partner.

THanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I noticed a feature in txn: BP --> Relationship

In the relationship category, I could see two categories: Replaced by, Is replacing. Not sure what is the exact functionality of that.

Do any one knows about that feature? Could you please advise me on that field?

Also, Is it possible to change the validity period of BP or user assignment ?

Will the above two resolve my issue?

Since user has created many shopping carts and user needs access to those SC with his new users ID, I would like to confirm with you before taking any risk.

Please help.

Thanks,

SS

Edited by: SRM Stranger on Apr 10, 2009 4:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

It is under General Data-->Identification. Did you select the correct role in BP? There is a dropdown list "Display in BP role" under "Business partner" field, choose "Employee". or just go through other selections that you have.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Glen.

I could see the field "User" in Identifications tab for the role BUP003 Employee.

But I couldn't make changes to that field as it is greyed out.

Could you please advise, how to enable that field for making changes?

Thanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Our system always editable, not sure if any configurations on this. Perhaps you may check ur authorization!? Will check and reply if any findings.

Glen