Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of the source system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

all

Background installation from SAP r/3 was already done and the system is up and running.

Now i would like to replace the SAP R/3 with ECC version , where I must replicate the same extractor now with obviously a different version of ECC.

I wonder if the source system change will effect the similar infoobjects which were already installed and assigned to a different source system.

Please explain me the effect and defects, or if any changes on the master data already existing.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you change the source system - all your transfer rules , data sources etc will be gone and you will have to do them again.

The master data and transacton data will not be affected only that you will have to init the same again and deltas subsequently...

You could instead - keep the old system connection alive and then create a new set of transfer rules , data sources etc for the new system - that way you can have the old Transfer rules , data sources active and then have the coding done the for same alive for reference as well..

Answers (0)