cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Scheduling Program ( V_V2) as a Backgroun Job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frinds,

Has any one of you used the V_V2 ( Re-Scheduling Program) in the Background job that runs at regular intervals ?

if so, can you tell me your experiences,

1) The Expected run time .

2) This Program runs at material level. I want to consider only those materials which are in the open sales orders. ( is there a way to get that)

3) what impact does it have if i run this program in the back ground may be three times a day. ( and there may be some other orders like PO's, Production orders may be put in the day ).

4) are there any SAP limitations for this program.

your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I seen this transaction running on back ground, unfurtunately I didnt run it but this is my experience.

We used it to run availability check every 4 hours and the system performance gets lows, of course it depends on technical architecture and volume of material. It reads every line on sales ordes that, in ours scenarios was so high (about 5000 lines in one day or more).

It works perfectly, but buffers get alarme on pics of the operations.

If you program it on low transaction volume, if can be very good, you may also talk before with your basis and explain him this performance issue, maybe he can help.

I hope you find this hopeful.

Regards,

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

Thanks for the reply, i have few more questions on this,

1) If i Specify only Plant in the selection screen and run it in the background job, Does the Back ground job run for every material in the plant ? or only those materials for which there are open sales orders ? for ex i have 1000 materials created in the system, but i created sales orders using only 200 of these materials. so if i run my Re-scheduling in the back ground, does it take only 200 or it takes 1000?

2) is there a way to stop users from either creating production orders or new sales orders / purchase orders / Goods receipts / ASN's etc during the time of running this job.

it would of gr8 help to me if you can provide me with this info..

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve seen the tables that this transaction runs on, and principally is VAPMA so, as I can undestand it will read only materials that exists on that table.

After that you choose which orders are going to be updated.

Regarding the bloking of the material, please go to OVZ1 transaction, this may help you.

Regards,

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

Thanks foryour reply,

I found many OSS Notes regarding the performance of this transaction. Your inputs were valuable.

Thanks & Regards

Srini

Answers (0)