Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS not calling the BADIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on ECC 6.0 and HRSP 17.

We recently discovered that our ESS has stopped calling the methods form the BADI implrementations.

HRPAD00INFTYBL

HRXSS_PER_BEGDA

Does anybody know why has it stopped calling the BADIs.

Is there any configuration required to make the system call these BADIs.

Please help.

Regards,

SC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your case, we have solved this issue. There was two separate problems:

1. In a QA system, the External breakpoints placed in the ABAP code are not simply triggered from the Portal. This is random problem which occurs with any ABAP code, nothing specific to these BADIs. It can be usually fixed by re-activating the externals breakpoints.

2. In the development system, there was two active implementations of the BADI without any filters which causes an exception in the backend and prevents any of the implementations being triggered. Removal of the another implementation fixed this.

I don't know whether this applies to your case, but this was our cure for the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same issue and ours got fixed when we de-activated all the unused implementations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SC

As per the SAP norms, SAP will not support you because you are using the customized BADI for the same. It may be possible that this you are facing problem due to the patch level. Go for the latest patch level. I dont think that applying the latest SP will do any harm to your system rather this will increas some more functionalities.

Thanks

Sheetal Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

This BADI is like standrd user exit provided by SAP. We need to create custom implementation of the same. It has to be supported by SAP. If the BADI gets into the custom code inside the methods, and then it fails, then its our responsibility to fix it.

But SAP should fix it for ESS to make a valid call to the BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you resolve this issue? We are implementing ECC 6.0 and ESS SP18. We are attempting to implement badi HRXSS_PER_BEGDA and it isn't working. Based on your problem, I'm concerned that the badi isn't even being called.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats the current support pack level of the ESS 6.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somehow our HRSPs deactivated HRXSS_PER_BEGDA. So we reactivated it and it worked. But the other BADI is just not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SC

Where exactly you are facing prblem. Please explain

Thanks

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

We had written custom code in BADI - HRPAD00INFTYBL which gets called everytime we edit information from payroll. It basically informs the payroll department to take necessary action.

I suspect that after HRSP 35 application, it stopped calling that badi.

I had opened a ticket with SAP and they said that I need to update SP on ESS. I need to go to SP15 from SP05.

We haven't applied the packs yet, but will apply them soon along with support pack stack 15. \

Regards,

SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find a solution for this issue?

Based on initial findings, we have also encountered the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had opened a ticket with SAP and they said that I need to update SP on ESS. I need to go to SP15 from SP05.

We haven't applied the packs yet, but will apply them soon along with support pack stack 15.