cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when opening PDF files from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have posted this question in ABAP Development section also. Please read the below text.

We are having a strange intermittent problem with Adobe Reader. When we try to open PDF files from SAP Frontend we get an error pop-up. The pop-up does not have any text. The title of the pop-up has "Adobe Reader". There is a blue question mark and an OK button.

This issue occurs few times a day in Windows Vista.

This issue does not occur in Windows XP.

Since past few weeks, we have been trying to find some error/warning/atleast some text in log files of SAP, OS, Adobe Reader, Registry entries, Event Viewer. So far, we have not found anything.

SAP is not able to help as this issue occurs intermittently and said when they tried, the issue did not occur. They made two attempts and in each attempt they tried 10 times to reproduce the issue. This issue occurs intermittently.

Environment

SAP R/3 4.7 EE SAP_Basis 620 Support Package 61

Windows Vista Enterprise

Adobe Reader 9.0 and Adobe Reader 9.1 (tried with both versions)

SAPGUI 710 Patch 12 (latest patch). It also occured in Patch 11.

Please suggest

Thank you

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same problem, is there any solution?

Many thanks for answer!

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, the fix is ECL viewer patch 4 for sapgui 710.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel this could be problem with Windows Vista and Adobe.

Since the issue was not triggered in XP and even SAP is unable to find the reason, probably this may relate to opening Adobe file in Vista, and feel that it getting triggered only for certain kind of documents rather for all the documents.

Chk if there are any fixes in Vista for this.

Regards....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I got to capture the screenshot, however not able to attach/upload here but it says:

'Reading Untagged Documents'

lets say i tried to open 6 page document then it said:

'This 6-page document is untagged and must be prepared for reading. While the document is being

analyzed, your assistive technology will not be able to interact with this application. '

then it asked for Reading options

then a checkbox for to confirm 'Always use the settings from the Reading Preferences (Do not show this dialog again)

then 'OK/START' and 'cancel' buttons

It seems, this is the problem with Adobe w.r.t Vista.

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestions.

As you said, the problem occurs intermittently on WIndows Vista with Adobe Reader 9.0/9.1

The untagged documents error seems not to be the case here. However, i would look into this aspect.

Please keep your suggestions coming.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all, any ideas on this issue....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

I guess this issue is not only with the combination of 'SAP and Windows Vista' but this exists even when considered only the Windows Vista...and with Adobe version greater than 8.0

And it occurs randomly, not everytime. Sometimes, Adobe reader tries some kind of inferior reading of the document we are trying to open, im also facing this issue but forgot to take screenshots of what exactly happens during that time...but Adobe reader gives a popup that it is reading the document and asks whether it should read only the current/first page or the whole document, obviously with an OK button there

thanks

Bhudev