cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment - Deletes SNP Stock Transfers beyond Deployment Horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

APO Gurus,

We're implementing Deployment Planning in APO (5.1).

When running Deployment with "SNP Orders" set to "Delete", the deployment engine creates Deployment Stock Transfers correctly within the Deployment Horizon, but it deletes all SNP orders, regardless of the Deployment Horizon. That is, if my Deployment Horizon is set to 5 days, it will create Deployment Stock Transfers (Distribution Demand Confirmed) for those 5 days, but it will delete all of the SNP stock transfers (Distribution Demand Planned), even those far beyond the 5 day Deployment Horizon.

This seems at odds with the documentation, which reads:

>If you select Delete, the system creates deployment stock transfers and deletes all the SNP stock transfers that fall within the planning period, regardless of whether or not they could be confirmed during the deployment run.<

I interpret "planning period" to mean "deployment horizon," but perhaps my interpretation is incorrect?

Is this functioning correctly - should deployment delete all SNP stock transfers, regardless of the Deployment Horizon?

If so, do you have suggestions for how we should manage this? We want to delete SNP stock transfers within the deployment horizon and replace them with Deployment stock transfers, which will be transferred to SAP for execution. Outside the Deployment Horizon, however, we want to keep our SNP stock transfers so that they will drive demand upstream.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

Deployment also considers the push and pull horizons on the product master as well as the deployment horizon in some of its calcuations. It maybe the delete function is looking at one of these other horizons.

I like to use the reduce button in place of the delete button on deployment selection screen. This will only delete snp orders that are replaced by delpoyment orders. This would leave the orders that you are getting deleted now.

I also like this setting because see remaining snp orders in the deployment horizon; it is a sure way to tell that you did not have enough deployable supply to meet your demand. Kind of a real time deployment alert.

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, George.

We've considered using "Reduce", but then we won't show a shortage (ie we won't trigger a stock-low alert) at the destination, since projected on-hand will reflect the distribution receipt planned.

This might be workable if we can't find another solution...but it seems so intiutively obvious to me that the deletion of planned orders should be in sync with the creation of confirmed orders that I'm guessing there is some solution that I'm missing.

Answers (0)