cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Query Caching in MII

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a strange problem with Query caching in MII query. Have created one xacute query and set cache duration 30 sec. The associated BLS with the query retrieves data from SAP system. In the web page this value is populated by executing an iCommand. Followings are the steps I followed -

Query executed for first time, it retrives data from SAP correctly. Lets say value is val1

At 10th sec Value in SAP changed to val2 from val1.

Query excuted at 15th sec, it gives value as val1. Which is expected as it gives from cache.

Query is executed 1t 35th sec, it gives value as val2 retriving from SAP system. Which is correct.

Query executed at 40th sec, it gives value as val1 from cache. Which is not expected.

I have tried with java cache clear in browser and JCo cache of the server.

Same problem I have seen for tag query also..

MII Version - 12.0.6 Build(12)

Any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Soumen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try clearing the MII cache. Here is the link : http://<servername>/XMII/Illuminator?Service=QueryCaching&Mode=ClearCache

0 Kudos

Thanks Arun, problem seems to be solved when I use the link to delete the cache.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soumen Mondal,

If you are facing this problem from the same client PC and in the same session, it's very strange.. but if there are two sessions running on the same PC this kind of issue may come..

Something about caching:

To decide whether to cache a query or not, consider the number of times you intend to run the query in a minute. For data changing in seconds, and queried in minutes, I would recommend not to cache query at all.

I may give a typical example for query caching in a query on material master cached for 24 hours, where we know that after creating material master, we are not creating a PO on the same day.

BR,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

And to add, any query that is date and/or time sensitive:

DATEFIELD BETWEEN [SD] AND [ED]

does not get cached regardless of the settings.