cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Purchase Requisitions from within PS (ie from network)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating purchase requisitions from within Projects Systems (ie activating them from a network) is there a "standard" way to put a cost center on the Purchase Requisition? Currently no cost center is put on the account assignment. We are looking at doing a custom field on the network header to hold the cost center and then a user exit to take this cost center and put it on the purchase requisition (and reservations) but before we go to all this trouble thought maybe I should check to see if I am missing something obvious? Is there a more straight-forward way to accomplish this? We know that we cannot edit the account assignment in ME52N becuase the PR originates from the network and therefore can only be changed from the network.

Any input welcome. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Laura,

When you will create Purchase Requistion through Network, system automatically takes account assignment category as "N" i.e Network. This you can not change in ME52N transaction.

So this is a standard practise for generating Purchase Requistion through Network in PS Module.

As you said putting Cost Center in Network Header as a Account Assignment Category which will go up to PO creation by using some User Exit which will not be possible in PS Module as per my knowledge is concern.

But you want to keep Cost Center as as a Account Assignement Category you need to create manual Purchase Requisition through ME51N transaction.

Hoping this will be useful to you.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Here in this the account assignment is Network not a cost center and also system will pick the GL from BSX (OBYC).

You can purchase materials as plant stock and in this case you have to enter cost center and then transfer to project stock .

Regards,

Muzamil