cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Mapping Qualified Table in Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have extracted Customer data from R/3 ECC, I could successfully loaded reference data, but when trying to load Main table data (Using DEBMDM06 MAP) I am getting mapping issues with Qualified table (Sales Data and Bank Details).

Error Messages

Map 'Sales Data' field to import qualifier(s)

Map 'Bank Detals' field to import qualifier(s)

I have checked and found that all the field and value mapping is in place, If i remove mapping for the qualified table fields then the data is ready to import.

What is the issue, and how do I import Qualified Table data.

Appreciate your inputs

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like you have mapped one of the Qualifier fields in the sales & bank Qualified table but did not map the non-Qulaifiers and/or the look qualified multi valued field?

-Sudhir

Check the documentation on importing qualified data into repository, you need to map qualifiers, non qualifiers & the look-up qualified multi valued field (connecting the main table & the qualified table).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vickey ,

Kindly go through the below link it will help you understand better the mapping the workinga nd importing of Qualified tables:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00a15239-684e-2b10-b8ae-b936b7d1...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c03240fa-cc3e-2b10-aa9a-a5798e31... importing with main table)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs, I could solve the problem.

I have created Compound fileds and done the mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vickey,

The error that you are getting clearly states that you have not done the value mapping for the sales and bank details which in turn are the qualifie fields.

This means you have not performed the value mapping for the compound field(Last step of the 2nd point)

Steps to import a qualified table includes:

1. Map the non qualifier fields of the qualified table and import them.

2. Map the non qualifier fields of the main table.

Create a compound field of the mapped non qualifier fields.

Map the values of these compound field.

3. Map the qualifier fields of the main table.

4. Execute Import.

Note that the standard maps does not store the value mapping as the value mapping is dynamic.

You need to perform the value mapping in spite of the fact that you are using a standard map.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vickey,

For qualified fields, you have to do the compound field mapping. After mapping the non qualifiers, right click on them in the source fields and then select "Create Compound Field" --> select the corresponding option (select from the cascading menu of destination lookup fields that consist of multiple display fields). This action will create the compound field mapping for the lookup multi valued qualified table.

For more information on the compound field mapping please refer to the import manager reference guide.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Silpa Chillakuru

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using standard business content import file. Do we still need to do additional settings for Qualified table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, the way it works is, if any of the constituent fields which form a compounded field have values which are not mapped then import manager automatically unmaps the resulting compund field, then you have to value map those fields and then do the right click compound thing again.

you have to do this untill all the non qualifier combinations are in the qualified table. once saturated no need to do this again!

Hope this helps.

-sudhir