Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Can an AS-Java instance be added to an existing AS-ABAP?

Hi everyone!

I'm facing the following situation: can an AS-Java instance be installed on a existing AS-ABAP instance?

My development team wants to activate the AS-Java in order to "publish" some ERP transactions to some web applications but that one has not been installed with the AS-ABAP instance we already have.

Can I add this Java instance to the ABAP instance or should I create an Java instance separately?

Any info or help is appreciated.

Best regards,

>Since my system was installed as a single AS ABAP, now I'm not sure if I can simply add an AS Java >instance to it. I'm considering now to install a separated AS Java instance and then make the >appropriated "links" between those instances.

It is technically possible to install the Java stack as an add-in or a separate Java stack.

Please, be aware that SAP has changed its mind and that now the official advice is to install a separate Java stack.

After administering several dual stack systems for a few years, I strongly suggest to follow the advice and go for the separate Java stack even it the initial installation work is greater.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question