cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - check message existance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a bpm build to receive two messages(2 files) and merge them. I have a deadline branch setup to raise an exception after 3 minutes.

Now, I need to verify after 3 minutes whether I have both messages or not. If I don't have one of the messages, I need to terminate the process. How do I check whether I have both messages or not.

Thanks for your help..RP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the collect pattern time dependent and inside the control step say cancel process.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried doing that way, but stuck.

the options I have in control step are Cancel process, throw exception and throw alert. How do I check for a message existance?

thanks..RP

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

message existence is checked by the loop step.

dont use time dependent in this case use a check in the loop via a counter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should create block and use coorelation if the message step expected did not come with in the timeframe defined then the control will go to deadline step of block and performs the operation defined there.

So checking the message is the job of the BP engine at runtime if message didnt receive within timeframe defined then deadline branch will be executed you dont need to chk the message existence in deadline step

I hope this clears you

Rajesh