cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environment needed for developing, deploying the ABAP Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have the following ECC environmnet in our office.

ERP 2005, RELEASE 6.0

KERNEL 7

COMPONENT ECC 6.0 NON -UNICODE SYSTEM

BASIS & ABAP SP 14

We also dont have Enterprise Portal and no PI or XI. can we develop ABAP Web Dynpro without EP?

I want to develop Web Dynpro's using ABAP. Can i do it? Do we need to install any thing else? any plug in..or do we need to upgrade our service pack?

We are on service pack 14 and on ABAP Stack.

Some one kindly help..this might be a simple question for many people...but i am really in need of information and could not get proper idea after reading the SDN and help.com

if some one has a link .that explains the environmnet that i should have for Web dynpro ABAP..please help.

Regards,

Jessica Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No that is everything you need. WDA is part of the BASIS Software Component of the NetWeaver stack and therefore present in your system already. There are a few special use cases - like Interactive Forms and BusinessGraphics that require external tools - the Adobe Document Services on Java and the IGS respectively; but you can do most everything with what you have.

Your Basis team might have to activate some service nodes in SICF and maybe setup a profile parameter or two to configure HTTP. Those steps are documented in the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/e86de5008b4d9ae10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, thanks a lot for the reply.

We are on ABAP Stack and not on JAVA Stack.

IS it ok? still can i develop WEb Dynpro ABAP, BSP and Adobe interactive forms using my current environmnet?

Please help..kindly..i saw the link..it clearly documnts the steps but i dont have info as to if i need

ABAP stack or JAVA stack and if my ERP 5.0 rerlas6.0 and SP 14 is enough or not. Also we dont have EP..still we can develop and deploy and use Web Dynpro ABAP, BSP and Adobe Forms?

Will be waiting for ur reply.

Kind Regards,

Jessica Sam

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>still can i develop WEb Dynpro ABAP, BSP and Adobe interactive forms using my current environmnet?

You can do eveyrthing in that list except Adobe Forms. Adobe Forms requires the Adobe Document Services which must run on a Java Stack somewhere in your enviornment and conects to your ABAP stack using Web Services.

>ABAP stack or JAVA stack and if my ERP 5.0 rerlas6.0 and SP 14 is enough or not

ERP 6.0 with NetWeaever 7.0 SP14 and ABAP only will be just fine for doing WDA development. The only thing you won't have is the above mentioned Adobe Forms.

> Also we dont have EP.

EP is good for role based navigation, but not a 100% technical requirement for running WDA. Some SAP delivered WDA applicatoins require Portal becuase they use the Portal APIs. However the WDA technology itself is not dependent upon the Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your patience. Few more minutes of your valuable time..need help.

So i can conclude that with my environmet and ABAP statck ..i can develop Web dynpro ABAP and BSP but not Adobe Forms.

We have BI system in our office which runs on Java Stack and our ECC system is only on ABAP stack.

But we were using ABAP Web services to build interfaces b/w SAP and .Net applications and hence we wanted to use SOAMANAGER,

But SOAMANAGER runs on Java Stack and we dont have Java stack on ECC but have on BI.

So what we did was..did some BASIS settings in BI and ECC systems and finally able to use SOAMANAGER of BI system to manage , create and deploy web services from our ECC system whihc is on ABAP Stack.

Similarly can I also use the Java Stack in our BI system and do some settings at ECC end such that I can buid the interactive forms in ECC and use the Java Stack of BI system.

Kindly please help..i am not getting answers to such questions in help.sap.com...may be people like you who are well experience will only able to guide me better.

Kind regards,

Jessica Sam

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>But SOAMANAGER runs on Java Stack and we dont have Java stack on ECC but have on BI.

Not entirely true. SOAMANAGER also has an ABAP only version that runs in ABAP systems when not connected to Java. This version should work fine for what you need. Just run transaction code SOAMANAGER. It will launch a Web Dynpro ABAP application.

>Similarly can I also use the Java Stack in our BI system and do some settings at ECC end such that I can buid the interactive forms in ECC and use the Java Stack of BI system.

That is perfectly possible and often recommended if the ECC system is ABAP only. You only need a Java Stack somewhere in your environement. When your system admins configure the connection to the ADS, they can just point the services to the BI Java stack and use an ADS installed there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Thanks for your help, time and valuable suggestions.

when you said

That is perfectly possible and often recommended if the ECC system is ABAP only. You only need a Java Stack somewhere in your environement. When your system admins configure the connection to the ADS, they can just point the services to the BI Java stack and use an ADS installed there

So what shall i direct the BASIS guys to make use of JAVA stack in BI syetem so that i can develop Adobe forms in ECC system?

what is ADS and what should i direct BASIS team to make this work?

please be more clear on making use of java stack in BI system to develop the Adobe forms in ECC system.

Regards,

Jessica Sam

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>what is ADS and what should i direct BASIS team to make this work?

ADS is the Adobe Document Services. ADS is an additional software component that can be installed onto a Java Stack. The procedure is covered in the Installation Guides. There are also installation guides for setting up the ADS with a connection to the ABAP system. Installation Guides can be found on the Service Marketplace

http://service.sap.com/instguides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas, ytou desrve 10 points. you answred all my questions with lot of patinece..even theough they might be simple..but i really dont knew

thanks for yor valuable time and patience.

Regards,

Jessica Sam

Answers (0)