cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting error, irrespective of correct window sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a smart form for which, in order to view the form we have to issue output to- from a Sales order no. When I try to check the print preview, it goes back to the previous screen and does not show any preview. I tried dewbugging both the print program as well as the smart form, and found out that in calling the function " CALL FUNCTION LF_FM_NAME" sy-subrc = 1, which means formatting error, supposedly.

I checked the forum an accordingly check my Smart form windows. It needed resizing, and I did so. Also I saw to it, that no data is printed outside any window. Still I am getting the same error.

Please help.

Thanks & regards,

Smruthi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use tcode SFTRACE to trace the error messages or warning messages that otherwise are not displayed in normal flow, it will give u the name of window tht is causing problem, mostly these problems comes when u have a template inside a window and u hv resized the window or template

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Formating_error comes only either when Window size is exceeding Page size or Template size exceeding Window size..

check for the above...

Hope it solves!!

Regards,

Pavan