cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Administrator download for Windows desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a visual_admin.zip file which when extracted onto our PCs let's us run Visual Administrator and connect directly, without using X Windows etc. However, it's an old version, and nobody seems to know where we got it from... need to get hold of a new version.

Anyone know where to download it from? Some forums have suggested that if you have a J2EE engine running on 32 bit Windows you can simply copy the j2ee/admin folder (with the go.bat etc file) in it. We don't have this though (running 64 bit UNIX)... is it possibly to download these files for a Windows server though somewhere on the SAP Marketplace? It's a nightmare finding anything in there..!!!

Many thanks

Ross

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

Please check SAP note 758298. I think this is what you are searching for.

You can also use the NWA to remotelly administrate the engine.

Regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks... I have extracted the .sda file but I can't open this on my desktop - I thought sda files were just for applying as packages to SDM - not for Windows desktop use? I can't find any software that will open/extract this type of file... the only thing I can find on google refers to Star office presentation files which clearly this is not!!

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

the SDA is nothing else than a zip file.

Cheers,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but Windows/Winzip was unable to extract it... in the end we used Winrar which was able to extract. We can now successfully use Visual Administrator from our desktop!

Answers (0)