cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investment Management - Project System Integration Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on the IM-PS integration.

I have a doubt on the use of the investment profile in the program type.

For my scenario, i have defined

1. A program type

2. Assigned a investment profile to program type apart from aal other control profiles.

3. Defined a appropriation request i.e. AR type

4. Assigned project profile and investment program type to it(Now my project profile does not have a

Investment profile associated with it)

Now when i Create AR using the above configuration and assign it to the program type, the project is

getting created with the approval of AR.

But the project created is without investment profile and hence no AUC is created when i release the

WBS element which is created by the AR.

I can understand that if i have the investment profile assigned to the project profile assigned in

AR type, the the WBS created by AR will have this investment profile.

Then my doubts are

1. What is the use of investment profile in program type and in turn in program Created?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I correctly followed your scenario than

If you have investment profile in Program type & you have assigned the same program type & and project profile (Project profile has not investment profile ) to AR type.

In that case after approval of AR, project is getting generated without invetment profile in Project /WBS.

Now when you are assigning Project profile to Investment profile and assignthat project profile to AR type & after approval of AR, Porject/ WBs is generated with AUC as the it got the investment profile via project profile.

This above is your understanding that's correct.

As your have rightly pointed out

1. What is the use of investment profile in program type and in turn in program Created?

I believe that use of Invetment profile at program type lelve may be to sepearate Program type based on investment profile as one of the criteria.

However I am not sure.. there may be some othere use in IM. If some know please share.

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your answer. But i am still finding it difficult to find the exact use of this investment profile in program type.

All - request you to share the relevant information.

Thanks

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You question is quite clear, I am not having much idea on it. If Someone can throw more light please share.

Regards

Nitin P.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You scenario is not giving me a clear picture

To my understanding:

You are Creating a AR. From AR you are generating a project or WBS.

WBS should have Investment Profile for creating AUC.

If you want to have Investment profile for WBS. Generate only project definition from AR. Create a standard WBS/Operative WBS and copy the the structure to your project definition. Ensure that you assign relevant Investment profile to Standard WBS.

(or)

Assign direclty Investmnet profile to Project profile. Generate Project definition or wbs from AR.

This may solve your issue.

AR is generally used for evaluating different alternatives(variants) (for eg; Business wants to set a plant....If they set in one place......cost might be different when compared to other locality).

Investment profile is mainly used when it should work with source assignments. (Eg: You are manufacturing a computer.....and now you wanna capture costs on CPU, Monitor and Printer.....which will be treated as AUC and seperate depreciation will be done on all AUC)

Thanks & Regards

Prem Anand