cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 - Maximum Concurrency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am transfering some interfaces from XI 3.0 to our PI 7.1 system. I see a new field on the FTP/File adapter for "Maximum Concurrency". I understand that it is used for the number of concurrent transfers. I'd like to know how this number should be determined?

What is the bottleneck? Is it a database, hardware or network issue?

I have it set to 500. I'd expect that I wouldn't be transferring more than 25 files at any one time but I'd hate for someone to run a "catch up" batch job and have it fail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand what it is. I am asking how I should determine what number to put in the field.

Thanks,

Matt

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

You are asking for figures and no one can give you figures because there are none.

The reason being because your maximum concurrency parameter is relate to your poolWaitingTime.

Its basically a trial error kind of thing , its a matter of experience. If you want to get the hang of things i suggest you read note 831162 point no 28.

Regards

joel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I was not looking for someone to tell me what my Maximum Concurrency should be. I wanted to know how I could determine the number for myself. And you gave me exactly what I was looking for.

"The reason being because your maximum concurrency parameter is relate to your poolWaitingTime.

Its basically a trial error kind of thing , its a matter of experience. If you want to get the hang of things i suggest you read note 831162 point no 28."

Thanks,

Matt

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your welcome !

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maximum Concurrency is applicable only for Receiver File/JDBC Adapter.

This defines the number of messages an adapter can process in parallel on a cluster node.