cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Incoming payment through EDI 820

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to set up EDI 820. I want to post incoming payments through EDI 820.

IDOC Information

IDOC type: PEXR2002

Message type: REMADV

Function Module: IDOC_INPUT_REMADV

Process code: REMC

I have been testing using test tool all my idocs are failed. The error which I am getting is - "customer/vendor could not be determined for intermediate document".

Please suggest me how to fix this error. Is this related to FI config settings or ALE setting error.

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I request please share your experience if someone who had worked on the same.

Thanks,

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Even i faced the same error while posting the EDI820. Then i corrected the errror by maintaining the segement E1EDKA1

Field name : PARVW , Value: AG

Field name : Name1, Value : Vendor number at customer location

And also the segment E1EDKA1

Field name : PARVW , Value: BE

this should help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check on the T-code OBCA Where you need to mention the following parameters.

Partner Type : KU

Partner Number: Payer number as represented in SAP.

Company Code name in INVOICE: Here mention the name as mentioned in the IDOC -EIEDKA1

Company Code: company code of the customer in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Thanks for the response.

As you mentioned need to maintain Vendor number at customer location, where should this vendor number to be maintained. Do I need to create any master record for vendor? Is it require to assign the same in VOE4?

In Vendor master XK01 do I need to give the customer number under Account control view? Should I need to maintain the same vendor for customer in customer master under control data view u2013 vendor?

In OBCA I had already maintained Partner type(KU) u2013 Partner No(xxxxxx) u2013 Comp. code in the invoice(1000) and Company code (1000). Do I need to maintain the same for partner type (LS u2013 logical system)?

Reg. the company code maintained in the invoice: E1EDKA1 in which field this company code to be given?

In IDOC though I had taken one invoice as a reference for testing purpose, I have not entered the number of the reference invoice number anywhere in the IDOC but only entered the total amount to be cleared for the reference invoice. Is this the right way of doing? If I have to mention the invoice number in which segment-field do I need to maintain?

Thanks,

Victor

Edited by: Victor Collins on Apr 13, 2009 6:08 PM

Edited by: Victor Collins on Apr 13, 2009 6:23 PM

Edited by: Victor Collins on Apr 13, 2009 6:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Vendor number at customer location means

How do a customer represent the supplier( The company you are working for ) in his system. This data has no relevance to SAP system vendor master.

So do not create any data in XK01.

If you have maintained 1000 in the OBCA, then maintain the same in EIEDKA1 as mentioned earlier.

You can create a New IDOC in WE19.

Regarding Reference number, you can check on in the T-code WE60.

Give the basic type as the input and then execute F8 to see the documentation on each field of the segment present in the IDOC.

I think refernce number is the First field or second . i can update you on this later since i do not have access to SAP right now, in case if you are not able to find it.

Let me know if you are not able to post the IDOC succesfully and the errror that are generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Reg. the vendor number at customer location I got the clear idea but is there anything needed to map the same into SAP.

In OBCA I have already maintained the assignments for the partner type (KU). Here after maintaining partner type (KU) is there any need to set the assignments for partner type (LS- Logical system).

Does it require doing any settings to be maintained in customer master under company code data view like payment methods etc.?

No matter what changes I have been implementing there is no difference in the error. u201CCustomer/vendor details could not be determined for intermediate documentu201D. I would be grateful if you could mail the spec for EDI 820 so that I can verify my process. I had updated my business card.

Thanks,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no need for you to maintain any thing wrt LS, LS will come into picture when you are sending data from one system to another, but here the scenario is different.

Does it require doing any settings to be maintained in customer master under company code data view like payment methods etc.?

No not required

Sorry, I do not have any Specs for EDI 820 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhaskar,

Thanks for trying to assist me.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even i faced the same error while posting the EDI820. Then i corrected the errror by maintaining the segement E1EDKA1

Field name : PARVW , Value: AG

And also the segment E1EDKA1

Field name : PARVW , Value: BE

this should help you

IF E1EDPA1-PARTN IS INITIAL.

IF E1EDPA1-NAME1 IS INITIAL.

*-- keine Daten uebermittelt => Fehler

PERFORM STATUSFELDER_FUELLEN

USING FEHLER_BEI_UEBERGABE

MSG_WARNING

MESSAGE_ID

MUSS_FELD_FEHLT

'NAME1'

'E1EDPA1'

' '

' '

SY-REPID

'E1EDPA1_MOVES'

'NAME1'

SEGNUM

DOCNUM.

ELSE.

SCHLUESSEL = E1EDPA1-NAME1.

ENDIF.

ELSE.

SCHLUESSEL = E1EDPA1-PARTN.

ENDIF.

IF NOT SCHLUESSEL IS INITIAL.

PERFORM PARTNER_TABELLE_LESEN

USING SCHLUESSEL PARTNERNUMMER

PARTNERART HILF_BUKRS.

You can also populate E1EDPA1-PARTN instead of NAME1 to find the account.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189681
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

We are trying to use EDI 820 to make incoming payments, but we are getting some errors. Can you please guide me what are the config steps needed to acheive this functionality.

We maintained value in

OBCA - Here we maintained the customer number - company name - company code.

WE20 - Maintained Logical partner no. in LS - for inbound parameters with message type "REMADV" & Process code "REMC"

WE20 - Maintained partner type KU - for inbound parameters "PY - Partner role" "Message type - REMADV" & "Message Variant - EDI".

Later when we generated a IDOC we get the errors

Customer/vendor could not be determined for intermediate document

Company code could not be determined for intermediate document

Can you please share if we need to maintain any specific configuration.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Krishna