SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIC0 with credit limit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We create customer through transaction code CIC0 which call transaction FPP1. When we create customer through transaction code CIC0 or FPP1 the creditlimit is not coming automatically to customer master when we check the customer master data through transaction code FD32.

But when we create customer master in XD01 the credit limit is coming automatically in customer master.

I am having one doubt while we create customer through transaction code FPP1 or CIC0 how come the customer is getting created for all company codes?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Wer are using SAP 4.6 Version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In SD we create customer, with sales area details,

where as in IS U we create Business partner by role contract Partner as similar as with CRM Business partner creation.

This will contain only communication relevant data,

Any details relevant to finance will be linked with contract account no , which can be one to one or one to may relation ships.

As one customer may have many accounts, or one account may be given to couple of people at once.

Sree

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smruti

"""

I am having one doubt while we create customer through transaction code FPP1 or CIC0 how come the customer is getting created for all company codes"""

Answer :

While creating a BP company code is not data or not acriteria for creating it.so its a master data which is not based on company code.

u r assigning at later stages the company code to various fica relevant data and sales data.and these datas are in linked to a particular partner.

but nowhere we assign directlt a company code to a BP.so a BP is independent of a company code.

for ur 1 more question....

let me know how you expect a credit limit to be displayed ther in FD32.do u assign this credit limit for a particular BP some where????or any tocode for that TO ASSIGN nad its not replicated here???

more over while u create a BP in XD01 u also give company code data in the same screen but we dnt gv company code date in fpp1.

that might be major reason y its reflecting the credit limit of xd01.

kr

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In SD we create customer, with sales area details,

where as in IS U we create Business partner by role contract Partner as similar as with CRM Business partner creation.

This will contain only communication relevant data,

Any details relevant to finance will be linked with contract account no , which can be one to one or one to may relation ships.

As one customer may have many accounts, or one account may be given to couple of people at once.

Sree

0 Kudos

so sree u mean sales data contains the credit limit check???

i dnt thnk so

0 Kudos

Hi RAj,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please give me the Tcode where I ca assign BP with credit control area?

Or required configuration to display credit limit in customer master when we creat through CIC0 or FPP?

0 Kudos

hi smruti

here is ur answer credit control area is always assigned to a company code and also u know we link company code with business partner through fica

so indirectly they both r linked.there is no direct link to assign controlling area in bp.

and its not possible too since there are n nmber of bp s in a system u cant assign credit control are to every 1 individually so we maintain a profile for the company code and its refelcted for the particular BP

I wonder y u have not awarded points for me though my reply gves u relevant answer..do award points than thanks to encourage us.

kr

raj

Edited by: Varadha Raj on Apr 14, 2009 6:51 AM

Edited by: Varadha Raj on Apr 14, 2009 6:53 AM

0 Kudos

Again Thanks for your reply.

Is there any way where we can get credit limit in customer master when we create through CIC0 or FPP1?

If yes, then what are the necessary steps to get the credit limit in customer master?

Please provide me the T-codes or path to do the configuration.

0 Kudos

hi

yes u can do it

hav u tried giving a refernce partner while u create BP through fpp1??

if u know the concept of refernce partner then just the bp number u have created in xd01 in the refernce partner field in FPP1.ALSO U NEED TO DO SOME CUST SETTINGS TO MSAKE IT WORK.

so vat wil happen is the sales profile of the refernce partner who is a bp in sales system (xd01) will be consuiderd for the bp u create in fpp1.so that once u create a bp in fpp1 u can se eth customer master and check if its updated with credit limit or not

i am sure it must work

since u said u got the sales partner gets the details in customer master

but u have to make correct settings in spro for refernce partner setup

kr

raj

Edited by: Varadha Raj on Apr 14, 2009 7:48 AM

0 Kudos

Thanks Again.

In Fpp1 we give refence customer in while creating customer master. The reference customer is having credit limit.

Kindly would you please provide me the details of necessary settings needed like the T-Code or path?

0 Kudos

HI

go to fpp1 in the tab identification tab and enter the refernce partner number or name in the field refernce partner.

this refernce partner is created in xd01and u can assign the particular partner in that fpp1 refernce partner field..

it needs certian settings in spro to be done...

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Thanks.

"it needs certian settings in spro to be done.."

May I know what settings are required as I am not aware of these settings.

When we create customer in FPP1 reference customer comes automatically int o ppicture. No need to give manually.

0 Kudos

in ur case if its coming automatically then i hope setting is made already

then in that case perform the following things

create a BP in fpp1 with the default ref partner coming

once u create a bp now see in xd02 check if the created BP in fpp1 also exists in xd02

once if it exists go to customer master and check if the credit limit is appearing now or not

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raj

when ever u create a BP In FPP1 we can have setting in spro to system generate a central BP for SD also,

This setting is optional. ,this is u can check with setting for creating standard business partner under BP,

Mainatain parametersfor creating reference customet in standard system.

in that for first check box we need to mainataiin check 😘CR* :Redundant customer is required for business partner

!)by configuration only if u wanst to mainatin u can do settings in spro, to create reference BP by defaults for all BP's.

2)Mainataining manually also can be done by giving reference customer detaisl in FPP1 it self , this is for end user level.

And regarding credit allocation this may have setting at customer level , credit contro details.

sree

0 Kudos

ya sree thanks i do agree

0 Kudos

Thanks A lot.

We created OSS note for this issue. We received following reply from SAP:

As you know when you create a business partner you have the option of

creating a parallel customer in SD. To do this, enter an SD customer in

the field for the reference customer in FPP1/FPP2. The data is then

copied to the new SD customer. But not all data will be transferred. Thefunction module being responsible for transferring the data is called

ISU_REFERENCE_CUSTOMER_CHECK. Within this function module you'll see thefunction module being responsible for reading the (SD) customer:

function module ISU_DB_KNA1_SINGLE. Here you'll see that only table KNA1will be read. But 'credit limit' (KLIMK) will be stored in table KNKK.

So there is no possibility for you to transfer this data to the new SD

customer starting from IS-U. The system works as designed in this case.

The only possibility to get 'credit limit' changed anyway is User-Exit

EXIT_SAPLES03_001. Please check if the Exit can be used for your

requirement. If not I fear there will be no solution in this case as

the system does not support your requirement.

We have to make changes in User Exit.

0 Kudos

greattttt

so all we said were grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:))))

kr

raj