cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert new level into Data Type source without losing mappings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I would like to add one level of heirarchy into my data type and keep underlying heirarchies the same. I have a complex IDOC mapping where all of the field mappings become invalid when using my new data structure.

I wonder if there is a way to insert this level of heirarchy while retaining all the subordinate mappings?

The reason I'm doing this...

I was using File Adapter with IgnoreRecordset option. So heirarchy was:

MessageType \ Detail \ Fields

Now I am using JMS adapter and Content Conversion module. The XML parameters do not allow this IgnoreRecordset option as File Adapter does. So now my source structure looks like this:

MessageType \ Recordset \ Detail \ Fields

There have been no changes to structure inside Detail \ Fields but I don't know how to insert this level in the heirarchy without remapping around 100 fields which will likely introduce new errors.

Many thanks for your ideas!

-Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aaron,

You can try using the mapping template for this purpose: in your message mapping, select the root nodes of the source and target message, click 'Create Template Based on Mapping' to create the template.

After you modify the message type, apply the template on the right level again.

Kind regards,

Koen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try to change occurence in Messages tab in Mapping .I think,it should work.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Thank you for your ideas. I did try fiddling a bit with occurence but couldn't get that right. I guess I'll go the old fashioned way.

I was hoping there is a handy way to extract the mapping, insert an XML tag or something, and then import the object again.

Regards,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid, but i dont think there is any way in which you can insert new level without losing the maaping.

What I can suggest you is copy your existing map with some other name. And then introduce the new level in the mapping and then copy each field map from the previous mapping to the new mapping.

Regards,

Shweta.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether this parameter exist or not. But could you try with "ignoreRecordset" instead of "IgnoreRecordset".

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I did try you suggestion but no joy. Thanks.

Aaron