cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending the Material master under one company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am extending the Material from one Plant (P001) to another Plant (P002) under same company code through MM01.

I have changed the delivering Plant as P002 while extending. But, when I check in the original material master (P001) there also plant is getting changed to P002 ?

But, I want for Plant P001 - Delivering plant should be P001

And, for P002 plant - Delivering plant should be P002.

How will I achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,ramu,

As we know a delivering plant in MM field is in sales org1 view so , it means this field is dependent on only sales org lavel data not on plant lavel data

That is the reason system changing delivering plant in MM

regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the issue

Thank you all for ur valuable suggestions...

Regards,

Ram

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Go to MM02 and put the material no and only sales org data 1 view and in the organizational data give P001

In the sales org data 1 view maintain delivering plant as P001

For the second plant also the same thing

Go to MM02 and put the material no and only sales org data 1 view and in the organizational data give P002

In the sales org data 1 view maintain delivering plant as P002

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to material master MM02, input the material code and click on "Select views". From the displayed list, block "Sales: Sales Org. Data 1" and click on "Organisational levels". There key in P001 and its sales area and execute. Check which plant you have assigned there against the field "Delivering Plant".

Similarly follow the above steps for other plant.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi n Ramarathan Raja,

Thanks for ur quick responeces,

I did as suggested by u, but still the Delivering plant is getting changed in the main material (P002) also..

Plz suggest me.

Regards,

RAM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Enterprise structure settings have you maintained both P001 and P002 as delivering plants in the assignment of img-Enterprise structure -

assignment-SD----assign delivering plant to sales org and distribution channel

Propably here delivering plant assignment for P001 might be missing in your case

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramanatha Raja,

Spro setting was maintained properly, but still I am unable to do that.

I have maintained in spro assignment for Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant as below

SORG D.chn Delv Plnt

S001 1 P001

S001 1 P002

Thanks & Regards,

RAM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Ramu

There is a basic error in the first suggestion By me

It has to be done in MM01 and not in MM02 (as suggested by me earlier)

In MM01 you are creating one more

But in MM02 we are changing the existing one

That might be the problem

Do this

I beleive that you have already created the material in plant P001

In this in sales org data 1 tab the delivering plant is P001

Now you are extending the material to plant P002

Go to MM01 and put the same material no and select all viewsand in the organizational data give plant as P002

You will get a message that the material is already created and extended to the P002 plant

Then all the views (apart from the basic tabs) or exept the basic tabs will open and all the data pertaining to the plant 1001 would have been copied which you need to change

In that select delivering plant in sales org data 1 tab and change it 1003 (it should happen)

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramnathan Raja,

Thank you for ur replies,

First I have done in the same manner (as per ur latest reply ), it has not happend then I posted the query in SDN, then I have followed as per ur first reply (through MM02) but, unfortunately both are not giving the results as I required i.e

For Plant P001 - Delivering plant should be P001

And, for P002 plant - Delivering plant should be P002.

While extending the material through MM01, system is giving a message as below:

"The material already exists and will be extended

Message no. M3364

Diagnosis

The material master record has already been maintained by another department for other views and/or for other organizational units. It will now be extended to include data for additional views and/or additional organizational units."

Plz guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

RAM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu

As per my understanding the system response is very correct and we are only misinterpretinthe same

Your sales org is S001

Your DC is 1

You have 2 plants P001 and P002

Say a material PEN you have already created for org structure sales org S001,DC 1, and plant P001

This is already done

Now you want to extend the material to plant P002

Steps to follow

1.In t code MM01 input the material as PEN then the same material type and industry sector

2.Select views (you will select whatever views that you want) and enter

3.System will ask you fill up org data like plant, storage loc,sales org,DC, etc

4.Here you have to give plant as P002 and your new storage loc,sales org S001,DC as 1 and enter

Now the system will throw a message that the material is already created and extended for such and such plant

After this exept the Basic data 1 and 2 every thing will open and you will find the values are already there (what is created for plant P001) which is modifiable

Values are already copied from the earlier creation which you need to change now which is suitable for this plant P002

In this sales org data 1 tab you can change the delivering plant to P002 which was already copied as P001

This should solve your issue (I have checked this too)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

The same way I was doing, but if I check in the P001 plant material (from which I have copied) there also the delivering plant has become P002.

Thanks for ur replies

Regards,.

RAM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Ramu

For me too same thing is happening

For a sales org and distribution channel (this combination is called as distribution chain) it looks like there can be single delivering plant and the last entry takes actual control

For example if there are 10 plants say 0001 to 0010 and you maintain your material in all 10 plants if there is a single sales org say 1000 and distribution channel say 10 then we can define or the system takes out of the 10 only one plant as a delivering plant for all the 10 stock maintaining plants

To define all the 10 plants as delivering plants (to have a selection choice) we need to maintain all these 10 plants has to be maintained as 10 entries in imgenterprise structuassignment-sales og +DC assignment to plant

That means delivering plant for a single Sales org +DC can be only one and cannot be multiple in the material master data

Hope i am clear

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

I appreciate for ur replies, and ur absolutely right.

But, what for my requirement is I need to create two sales org's ? (Plant wise sales org)

Rgs,

RAM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you need to go with 2 sales orgs S001 and S002 and distribution channel as 01

Plants P001 and P002

First create the material

MM01 t code input organizational data as Plant as P001 and (sales org + dc) as S001 and 01 and give the delivering plant as P001

Step 2 Again in MM01 extend the material to plant P002 and (sales org + dc) as S001 and 01 and give the delivering plant as P001

Step 3 Again in MM01 extend the material to plant P001 and (sales org + dc) as S002 and 01 and give the delivering plant as P002

Step 4 Again in MM01 extend the material to plant P002 and (sales org + dc) as S002 and 01 and give the delivering plant as P002

There will be 4 material master records

In imgenterprise structure-assignmnet

In that i think two assignments should be sufficient That is

S001 + 01 the delivering plant is P001

S002 + 01 the delivering plant is P002

So whenever the combination S001 and 01 falls the delivering plant will be P001 and

whenever the combination S002 and 01 falls the delivering plant will be P002

This should be the best for your requirement

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

For my query what I am doing as below:

Instead of creating new sales organizations, I thought that not to maintain the Delivering plant in any of the Material masters (while creating and also while extending).

Thanks & Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramu,

Perfect Ramu, we need not maintain delivering plant in Material master record. We enter plant manually in sales order or purchase order. Now the materials will be extended as information provided by our colleagues are perfect.

Regards

Sathya