Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO scanario

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear gurus,

My scenario is like this,

I have fg called FG.and two sfg SFG1 and SFG2 and one raw ROH1. the bom is like this

FG

SFG1

SFG2

ROH

The scenario is MTO strategy 20 but i want SFG1 to be used as collective requrement and SFG2 and ROH as individual that is order specific requirement. How can this be achieved.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achive by one simple setting in MRP 4 view if each BOM Component.

IF you want to achive SFG1 as collective requirment then in MRP 4 view set reqirement type as Collective requirment only.

And for SFG2 and ROH set requirment as Individual Requirment in MRP 4v view.

Then Run MRP.You will find Plan order of SFG2 and PR of ROH with Account Assginemnt of perticuller sales order of FG.While Plan proposal of SFG1 will not contain account assignment of any sales order(You might have to run saprate MRP for SFG1 due to collective Requirment type)

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhaval,

I thought the same thing what u have thought but it didnt work the system is creating collective requirement for SFG2 and ROH also

Please help

Thanks

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which T.Code you are currently using to run Sales Order MRP?

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhaval,

Md02

thanks

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Planning for sales order to be done by transaction MD50 - Single-Item Planning, Sales Order

Regards,

Keerthi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

But MD50 if collective requirement is given to SS1 then system plans only one level and materials below FF are not planned. Even if I take separate run for SS1 it is showing collective requirement for all bom levels. I have mentained individual requirement for SS2 and RR

Thanks

Edited by: s j on Apr 9, 2009 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can keep planning strategy 11 for SFG1 with individual/collective indicator = 2.

You can plan SFG1 by feeding PIRs. (It will not consider sales order for planning)

Rgds

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear, then i will have to run mrp three times. one for ff, one for SS1 and one for SS2

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

please help.

thanks

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

Try it by running MRP using T.Code MD50.Here system will plan for FG as well as for BOM components which containes Requirment type Individual (In your case FG2 and ROH).And for FG1 which containes Collective requirment system pass dependent requirment only, so yoy have to run saprate MRP for that FG1 using MD02 or MD41.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhaval,

I have already checked this combination but it is not working.Even if i i give individual requ (1) to SS2 and RR the system is creating collective requ for both as the material above them in bom level SS1 has collective requi (2). The system is planning only one level .

Thanks

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI SJ,

I have doubt in it.With MD50 you will not get planning result for components containes collective requirement.Will you provide some more details how you carry out the MRP (using MD50) and what result you get for each component.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhaval,

I have 4 material and bom like this

mat ind coll req

FF blank

SS1 2

SS2 1

RR 1

Now when run mrp by md50 system only plans FF and create dependent requi for SS1 and do not plan SS2 and RR

Thanks

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's the problem.Check in MRP 4 view of that FF material for MRP dep. requirments. it should be

blank (Materials for dependent requirements are planned)

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhaval,

Thanks for your concern. But i have already checked it and it is blank.

Thanks

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

send me screen shots of

- MRP 4 view of BOM components,

- MD04 of all materials,

- Plan order of FF

- MRP1 view of each.

you will find my id in my profile.

Regards,

Dhaval

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

I have just t seen screen shots which you sent to me.

Problems are,

1 ) In MRP 4 view of FF field for BOM explosion is Blank that means BOM will be selected on the bases of Order qty only.

2) There is an exception msg 62 with plan order of FF.I guess that is due to point 1.But still need to confirm.So take a deep look in to that plan order and find out why that exception msg is there.

3) Even there is no dependent requirment found for BOM components after MRP that means BOM is not explod in plan order of that FF.

So you need to change BOM explosion method in MRP4 view of FF.Change it to either by Explosion Date or by Production Version (if you use Production Version)

Also you need to check

- From to To lot size of your BOM,

- Valid From to To Date of BOM,

- BOM is active or not.

Regards,

Dhaval

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SJ,

As per MRP result you got I think your BOM structer is

FF -

> FG1.

FG1 ---> FG2 + RR.

Is it correct? Pls confirm...

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhaval,

Bom structure is like this

LOW level code material

0 FF

1 SS1

2 SS2

3 RR

I have already send you bom explosion of FF on your mail.

Thanks

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

LOW level code material
0 FF
1 SS1
2 SS2
3 RR

Then my guess is right, SS2 is a part of SS1 or any other Sub Assambely.

Screen shot which you sent to me is not clear.

Again I am where you have assgin SS2 and RR.?

Is it in BOM of FF or if BOM of SS1?

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhaval,

SS1 is assigned to FF

SS2 is assigned to SS1

RR is assigned to SS2

Thanks

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

That's the reason.

See You have assgin Collective Requirment to SF1.So system wil not plan For SF1 during Sales Order MRP.Only Dependent Requirment is generates for the same.Due to this SF2 and RR doesn't come in to the picture till now.

Now you runs the MRP for SF1 and system genrates the plan order without reference to Sales Order of FF.There is no Account Assingment of Sales Order in that Plan Order.Now SF2 and RR treated as dependent requirments of SF1 and not of FF.So there is no account assginment of Sales order for SF2 and RR also.

Now in 2nd case where you have said that if you change the Requirment type of SF1 to Individual, then you are getting the Planning for all 4 materials FF.SF1,SF2 and RR.In this case Account Assginment Sales Order is pass from FF --> SF1 ---> SF2 & RR.So you get the planning for all 4 materials in one shot and that is with Account Assginment of Sales Order.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhaval,

Thank you for your detailed answer.

I appreciate your concern and dedication towards solving our queries.

I am giving you full points.

Thanks again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Individual/Collective requirement indicator in the MRP4 view of Material Master will do the job.

Regards,

Keerthi.