cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prematured Error on installation CR XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm trying install CRXI on a new computer and when I select the setup language, a message box appears with the text:

"Crystal Reports XI installation ended prematured because of an error"

I installed on other computers earlier and all setup was executed without any problems.

How can I solve the problem?

Miguel Coelho

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)If you are installing from a CD then copy the set-up files on a local hard drive and then run the set-up.

2)Ensure that all the anti-spyware and anti-virus softwares are turned off.

3)What happens if you try to install any other software other than crystal reports

4)Is there any other version of crystal reports already present.if yes then remove the older version first

5)What is the difference between this machine and other machines(where crystal got installed successfully).

6)If possible format the machine and reload all the softwares again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This error might occur because the Windows Installer service is having difficulty accessing components.

If this occurs very early in the installation, for example seconds into the installation, it could be caused by the DCOM access permissions.

On Windows 2000, to change the DCOM Default Access Permissions, follow these steps:

1. On the Start menu, click Run, type u201Cdcomcnfgu201D in the Open field (without the double quotation marks), and then click OK.

2. Click the Default Security tab.

3. Under Default Access Permissions, click Edit Default to set default permissions. The Registry Value Permissions dialog box opens.

4. Click Add to add other user accounts to the Name box. The Add Users and Groups dialog box opens.

5. In the Name box, select the user or group that you want to grant default access permissions to and then click Add.

6. Make sure you give FULL ACCESS.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

My Operating system is XP, and I belong to OS Administrators group.

I tried find all of DCOM and Windows Installer and everything is OK. (services started).

Can you help me?

Miguel Coelho