cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Wily Introscope Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to install Wily Introscope Manager on my solman.

I've tried with the OS Independant as well as the OS specific file.

The OS indep. file doesn't give any error (even gives a *.detail file with SUCCESS)

The OS specific exe gives the following error:

The file osgiPackages.v1.windows.zip could not be found.

Edit the responsefile so that the externalComponentPackage property refers to a valid zip or tar file, then rerun the silent installer.

However, even though the first case is successful, it does'nt create the wily folder under ccms.

Please help.

Thanks,

Saba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

Did you copy the osgiPackages.v1.windows.zip file to the Introscope Installer directory.If not then

1 Goto http://opensrcd.ca.com/ips/osgi/

2 Download the following files:

eula.txt

The osgiPackages archive appropriate for your system:

osgiPackages.v1.windows.zip, for a Windows system

osgiPackages.v1.unix.tar, for a UNIX system

osgiPackages.v1.zos.tar, for an OS/390 or z/OS system

Save the files in the same directory as the Introscope installer executable. The installer will

then automatically locate this file during the installation process.

Edit the license file eula.txt and Accept the license.

Thanks,

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the steps...I tried them, but the wily folder still doesn't get created:(...M I missing out on something else?

Now there's no error nothing..

Thanks,

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure.I installed the Wily Enterprise Manager 8.0 last week and it worked perfectly for me.

Are you following any guide for the installation?

I followed Wily Introscope 8.0 Installation Guide.pdf at https://www.service.sap.com/diagnostics

Thanks,

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's done:)...the path had to be specified in instance.properties with
(i.e. 2 slashes instead of the regular single slash for windows)..

This is clearly specified in the instance.properties file..

Thanks,

Saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying to install the wily introscope with the OS independent software and the install is not finishing. I see no errors, and I recieve no log file to show me if any part of the install was successful. The version 8 guide from Nov. 2008 states, that I should have an install directory containing a introscope log that shows me how many lines were Successful, Warnings, NonFatalErrors, and FatalErrors, but this is never created.

Edited by: David Harris on May 7, 2009 9:29 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with the platformindependent installer on Linux.

Maybe it's a solution for you to use the graphical installer and not the silent mode. I've done that and it worked fine. You have to rename the installer.properties and than start the installer with the same command you have done before. Now you have the possibility to add the path to the external components (graphical output must be possible!).

After the installtion is finished you have to look in the installerlogfile in the subdirectory ...wily/install.

Regards

Andreas