cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP AUthentication not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario in which the data is picked from a file location and then the SOAP receiver CC posts the data to a sharepoint portal.

The issue I am facing is that when the portal guys allow anonymous login, my data reaches the portal but when they give authorisation to a particular user, the data fails with unauthorisation error.

I have tried all the forums and blogs but was unable to solve this issue. I even tried the transform bean in the module tab of the CC but the error still remains.

Can anyone suggest a work around which I can use in order to make the scenario working?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have tried all the forums and blogs but was unable to solve this issue.

did you get a chance to look at the SOAP FAQ note??

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/856597

Q from the note:

Q: I get an authorization error "401 Unauthorized" from the adapter's servlet. What went wrong?

hope it helps

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any one have solution for this. I am new to PI and implemented an interface to consume share point standard web service.

I was reading all the forums and found that share point authentication method has to be changed. Where by default it is windows integrated and if it is changed to basic authentication SAP PI SOAP Adapter will work.

But the issue is changing to the basic authentication. which is not advisable. is there any work around for this?

Kishore.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue I am facing is that when the portal guys allow anonymous login, my data reaches the portal but when they give authorisation to a particular user, the data fails with unauthorisation error.

-->You are getting the error when the portal guys are restricted to particular user.For that try with the ASSIGNED USERS in the Sender Agreement in your ID.I am not sure about this but try with that and also refer the Following thread which explains clearly about the ASSIGNED USERS .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See, to find out the configured user has the authorization

to call particular url(in your case its portal url) or not,

copy the url that you have given in the SOAP receiver channel

and paste in the web browser and call the url.

I think,it will prompt you the user/password,provide same user/password

that you provided in the soap channel.

if its giving the authorization error then first provide this user (used in channel) all the

permission/authorization to execute the portal urls and once the test is ok,

then execute your scenario.

Regards,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rigth now, i am wating...i have an old configuration in production that works fine, i have the information that nothing special was done. Therefore, if a try to make tests in dev, i get the 401.

For my particular case, when i use the url in IE, i don't have a pop-up to insert credetials, i am already authenticated. This is because, when i connect my laptop, my browser is configured with a proxy server. I get this data automatically at start up, i connect to the network with my user credetials...

Therefore, if i use SOAPUI, 401 again...

Best Regards,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the user ID works fine with the url in Internet Explorer.

But the same userid acts funny with PI

I tried to send the data through XML Spy and it works absoluteluy fine.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without authentication you can, with you can not. Awkward.

Do you know if, there is any restrition to users that access Sharepoint?

Try to authenticate, using also a domain, i.e: user: <domain>/username

Best regards,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in reciver SOAP comm channel, tick configure user authentication........then provide the username and password by asking the username from your portal guys and ask your portal guys to give the required roles to this user for the target application..........then save and activate your this comm channel in ID.. then rerun your scenario.........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user has all the authentications as from the PI box with the same user I am able to access the sharepoint through Internet Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys.............

This is a very crucial stage as it does not work then i dont have a work around also...........

I need to establish a hand shake with share point..................

Points guaranteed on solving this strange error............................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tell me the following things:

in reicver SOAP comm channel, have you given the username details in configure user authentication.....

if yes, then on running your scenario what is the error in reciever SOAP comm channel - paste the complete error msg............

just uncheck any parameter under conversion parameters in your reciver SOAP comm channel.........and again run your scenario........give the error msg from SXMB_MONI also.......

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything is unchecked in the conversion parameters, tried checking few relevant parameters also.

The error is :

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized

I am using a user ID which has admin rights in PI and in user authentication is SOAP channel I am using an ID which runs fine with browser and XML Spy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your portal basis guys if there is some proxy setting also needed........if there is proxy settings, then in soap reciver comm channel, tick configure proxy and provide proxy server details..........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to know 1 thing..................

if data gets posted through SOAP request in XMl Spy............. then acc to me there is no proxy settings from the portal guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can one user access Sharepoint from any domain? Or there is a restriction?

Best Regards,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharepoint is in the Microsoft domain and Pi is in the SAP domain

But there is no issue sending the data from SAP domain to Microsoft thru XML Spy and I tried one more tool called SOAP UI which also sends data to sharepoint,

I think there is something I am missing in PI which allows to send data to Web Service...............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you are in SAP domain...

Does your wsdl has a SOAP action? If so, are you using it in communication channel configuration?

Best Regards,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it does have SOAP action...........

the action is mentioned in the CC also....... dats the reason why I can send data wothout authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check whether XIISuser has valid password.And any certificate validation for webservice.

Regards,

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue i am getting following error

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized

Any idea on this.

srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try it out.

Select adapter specific message attributes.Mark use adapter specific message attributes.Select variable transport binding.Select view authentication key.Give the key name and password.

More details...

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm]

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well...

I am now facing a similar problem, and i am trying to solve it. If i reach a definitive conclusion i will reply to you...

Sharepoint...arghhh 😛

Berst regards,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if anonymous login is provided, then select authentication as none and dont give any authentication. I hope it will work.

Regards,

Reyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want the login to be authenticated......... this needs to be working

anonymous is working fine...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try a configuration for this particular communication channel, in builder?

Best Regards,

Pedro Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I tried all types of configuration of the SOAP receive channel