cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Assignment in RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

When I look into the RT table, there is an information for every wage type, which is the 'Pointers to Cost Accounting', e.g. 0002, 0003, etc. It belongs to table PC207 (payroll results table).

For one particular wage type, this value is not coming out. Where do I configure this for that wage type? Or does this come from somewhere else and need not be configured?

Please help.

Thanks,

Aarti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Vivek_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The pointers to Cost Accounting comes in RT when the cost assignment is assigned at WT level in the infotypes 0014, 0015 or 0267. This is done in case you want to post certain WTs to some Cost Centre which is different from the Cost Center of the employee.

May be in your case the Cost Assignment has not been done for that WT.

VK

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That was good Explanation VK

Can i have some more inputs with Example

Former Member
0 Kudos

VK,

Can you please tell me where the cost assignment for a wage type needs to be done?

Thanks.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aarthi does wage type is assigned to symbolic account later to GL account pls check

Vivek_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sikinder,

Take for example a scenario that an employee is asked to perform certain work at some other location/department for a day. For this he will be paid some additional amount, say Rs. 1000 apart from his regular salary. And this payment will be booked at the cost centre of the place/department where he worked for and not at the place/department where he is generally working.

In this scenario, we need to assign Cost Center at WT level. This can be done in IT 0014 or 0015 or 0267.

In Cluster such Cost Center gets stored in table C1 alongwith the pointer and the pointer is assigned to WT in RT.

Aarti,

For assigning Cost Centre at WT level press Ctrl+F2 (or Maintain Cost Assignment in Edit) when in the maintenance screen of such WT in these InfoTypes.

Hope this helps.

VK

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VK,

Thanks for the information.....its really helpful.

However, I am curious to know how does this work for technical wage types? We do see the C1 value in RT for "/" wage types whereas these are not assigned at Infotype level.

Thank you,

Sarika

Vivek_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The pointer to Cost Assignment is passed on to technical WTs as the technical WTs are formed from cumulation of customer WTs. So in case this is assigned to one WT and that WT is cumulated to /124, then /124 will have the pointer as well during processing. Later at the time of storage of these WTs from IT to RT, these pointers may be retained or done away depending on the specification of storage to RT.

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton, VK.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

does that wage type belongs to OO14 or 0015 infotypes psl confrm

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a Per Diem wage type which ia paid through Offcycle Workbench.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Off Cycle work bench means

one check V_T52D7, V_T52D5 which wage type group does it belongs it it belongs to 0014 0015

WPBP is not applicable untill we go Custom PCR

this wage type must be from 00015

pls confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

This wage type is from 0015.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do u want it to get Prorate Pls confirm

and one more thig the wage type which we pay through 0267 will be occasional payment so it will be one time pay ment will not get Prorated Check once

Edited by: Sikindar on Apr 9, 2009 3:47 PM