Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report "General Ledger from the Document File" - Cumulative balance

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

When I start the report "General Ledger from the Document File" (transaction S_ALR_87100205), I get a list of documents with no obvious default sort order criteria (I can see at glance that document numbers and posting dates are not sort criteria). This makes the cumulative balance column completely useles.

Since the cumulative balance is carried from one row to another, standard sorting functionality for the already produced list makes no sense.

There should be a way to affect the sort order in program <b>before</b> cumulative balance calculation, or at least to find it out.

Is there a way to acomplish this?

Thanks!

Regards,

Igor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the output control section there is a button called configure. Select a variant. Select configure. Save the sort order and report definition the way you want it. Name a new variant. Now go back and run the report with your variant.

pls assign points if helpful as a way to say thanks.

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Dave,

This is a helpfull hint - thanks! I did as you suggested, but now the cumulative balance doesn't work at all. It contains one and the same number in all rows.

Is there some trick to this?

Thanks!

Regards,

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try sorting by document and subtotal by document and maybe posting date. I don't see a value in a cumulative total. Also do a grandtotal at the bottom. There are many ways to total and subtotal now in the variant.

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Dave,

I played with totals and subtotals, but nothing changed. The cummulative ballance takes one misterious value (for example "3,00") and copies that value to literally all the rows. Amounts in particular rows don't affect cumulative ballance at all.

Regards,

Igor