Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Text translation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I have created general text through SE61 in English laguage, now i am trying to translate it into German language in SE63.

Please let me know how to translate it through SE63.

Regards,

Rahul Wagh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

in se63, go to translation menu -> ABAP Objects -> Short texts. You will get text tree, Select your text type, say if its text elemets, go to abap texts and choose text elements. then give the object name, source and destination language and translate.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE63 cover all object but you can directly translate via SE61

Just choose Utilities --> Translation

0 Kudos

hi,

after selecting utilities->Translate it opens SE63 only there i don't know how to select General text created through SE61.

Regards,

Rahul Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

in se63, go to translation menu -> ABAP Objects -> Short texts. You will get text tree, Select your text type, say if its text elemets, go to abap texts and choose text elements. then give the object name, source and destination language and translate.

0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

I can see the Text tree but, i don't in which category the General text created through SE61 will fall?

Please let me know which node to be selected from the tree.

Regards,

Rahul Wagh

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found out the solution & i am marking this thread as answered.

Solution is:

In SE63 goto translation-> ABAP Objects> Long text > from tree select L5 F1 Help> TX General Texts

Here Source & Target languages need to be specified & it will work fine.

Regards,

Rahul Wagh