cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict the Ability to Copy Project fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we create a project by copying another project obviously all the fields which are in previous project are copied to new project we created.

my client requirement is for a WBS element only Resp cost centre field should not be copied from previous project.it should be left blank.how can i do that?? please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahadev,

1.If you are copying from a standard structure then you can keep cost center field as BLANK and then you can met the clients requirement.

2.If you copy from Operative project then it is not possible to keep this field as blank.

Regards

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u muzamil for your answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it meant for particular proj profile/proj type to keep the resp Cctr blank ? If yes, then set up substitution rule for such profiles/proj types such that resp cctr is left blank.

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

ready my question carefully Sarang.As soon as i create the project from existing project the Resp cost center field of new project should appear blank.I mean to say it should not copy the value from previous project.but i should allow me to enter the value in new project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will not be blank immediately, but once you save and go inside the proj again the field will be blank, if substitution is assigned to that proj profile and ticked for automatic substitution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i m not sure, try this..

once u copy the project go for mass change for WBSE for that perticular field by keeping blank in new value.

Thanks,

Shruti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u shruti for ur answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is no way to blank these fields out, can we disable the Project->New->Copy project menu item for all Project Profile.This way the users cannot use this copy project menu item to copy these type of projects.can u please help me how to do that??

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dono the direct solution...but u can try this...after copying the project...use mass maintenance function to delete/change Resp. cost center of all WBSEs

Former Member
0 Kudos

their requirement is the Resp cost center field should appear blank when they copy the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't think this requirement is possible in standard SAP, becuase the cost center field is mandatory.Try to get advice from your technical team.

Thanks

S.Murali

Edited by: S. Murali on Apr 9, 2009 3:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you murali