cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOXI 3.1 Universe Access restrictions disappear

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have BOXI 3.1 in linux (with fixpatch 1.3).

When I move or copy a universe from one universe folder to another the access restrictions disappear. Only if they are completely rebuilt they will work again in the new folder.

This happens when copying universe from development folder to production folder and there is already an existing universe with the same name in the production folder. If the production universe is deleted and new one copied in then the restrictions remain.

BR, Timo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Timo,

You have not mentioned how you copy universe from one enviornment to another,if you are using the import wizard then there is one option "Keep Universe Overloads",if you check that box then all your access level restriction will keep intact even after moving to higher enviornment,but if you are manually copying it,it will surely fail for new universe copies because in new enviornment those access level will be missing.

Thanks,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happens within the same environment. In the universe designer I choose export and I choose a different folder than where the universe is located. Then designer will prompt to ask for to either create a Copy or Move the universe. If I choose Copy the access restrictions disappear. If I choose Move then they are intact.

The workaround is to first choose Move and then do second export and then choose Copy and destination to the original folder. For some reason this second export works with Copy and keeps the restrictions intact.

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same this happens to me when I try to move the universes from one folder to another. I lose the Access Restrictions.

Here is the detail description of what I do -

We have one BO environment and we have different folders created like Dev, UAT , Prod. So I have a universe in UAT named as UAT XYZ, this universe has all the several access restrictions applied to it in like object level, row level, connections in the Manage Access Restrictions under the Tools in Designer.

Also there is a similar universe in Prod named as 'XYZ' which also has the restrictions on the universe.

Now during developemen we updated the UAT universe added some objects,measures... and also added some additional Restricitions tp the UAT.

Now when I have to move the UAT universe to Prod after we make changes to it, What we currently do is  :

1. Import the UAT universe named as UAT XYZ.

2. Change the name by going to File/Parameters and Change the name, description and connection to the existing Prod universe which is named as XYZ and change the description and connection accordingly.

3. Then export the universe to the Prod folder, while doing that I get the message -

- Universe 'UAT XYZ' was previously exported to folder /UAT. Do you want to move the existing universe to folder/Prod and update it? Move will move the existing universe to the new folder and update it. Copy will create a new universe in the target folder.   Options : Move , Copy , Cancel

4. I select Copy, then I get the message -

- There is already a universe named 'XYZ' in /Prod. Do you want to overwrite it?  Options : Yes , No

5. I select Yes, overwrite it and then the universe it now exported to the Prod.

But when I Import the XYZ universe from the /Prod folder and go to the Tools/Manage Access Restriction I can see the Access Restrictions and also the Users/Groups which have the access restrictions, But these don't seem to work anymore. Thus now the universe in Prod has lost its access restrictions.

And we have to then manually delete all the access restrictions we see in the XYZ Prod universe and create them all and assign to the Users/Groups for it to work.

Please let me know how can I push the universe from one UAT folder to the Prod folder in the same environment with the access restrictions in tact and working.

Is something missing / wrong in the steps or is this some kinda bug in SAP BO?

This there any other work around to this than mentioned above.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This thread is really old ( H1 2009 ), so yes it could well be a bug fix since FixPack1.3..  Unfortunately you don't mentioned anything about your installed SP or FP versions .

As you know, XI3.1 customers needs to be on SP04 or SP05 to be supported these days - as these are the only 'actively maintained' codelines. I'd recommend you requalify your workflow on a later fix level.

Also, I believe you should consider using a utility like Import Wizard or Life Cycle Manager to maintain the integrity of promoted content between environments.

Regards,

H