cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using UDS with remote MES systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there MES system to connect remotely for using UDS/UDC?

I want to install UDS and connect it to MII. But i have no MES system to define in UDS.

has SAP-Waldorf MES systems (Emerson, Matrikon, Citect, Wonderware..etc.) to connect remotely and get current and historical data to use in MII?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the Simulator. Also, the Simulator can be configured to provide a list of tag names to meet your demo scenario. Simulator tags can also be created to be read/write, allowing you to use the MII scheduler or other mechanisms to "change" the values to meet your simulation/demo requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

My aim is to learn how to integrate real MES sytems (Like Emerson, Matrikon etc.) with SAP.

And my second aim is to test and learn using of B2MML structured integration between SAP and MES system.

And my third aim is to use SOA and B2MML in MES and SAP integrations.

Is it possible use simulator instead of MES for achieving these aims?

If possible how?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have be very cautious in your definition of what an "MES" system is. A vendor such as Rockwell, Emerson, Siemens, GE or Invensys/Wonderware has many software products, some of which are traditional "MES" solutions (track and trace, production dispatching, routing, etc.) and many of which are SCADA/HMI solutions for controlling/monitoring equipment, and some are process historians for collecting time series and alarm/event data from production activities. All of these are very different things and require different methods for integration (and varying levels of transformation to their data to provide meaningful business insights). You could use the simulator to emulate the SCADA/HMI systems and, to a lesser degree, the process historians. You can also use a relational database along with the "OpenConnector" in MII to simulate a process historian using data stored in RDBMS tables. You can use tables in a relational database containing material usage and order data to emulate a traditional "MES" systems.

Answers (0)