Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mappinf business to APO - DP and SNP

chandra_reddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SCM experts,

Kindly help me in mapping the below business process to SAP SCM.

ABC is a manufactuirng company having 10 products having some 10 customers

we have demand forecasted for 1 year

below are some of the constraints tht has to be met in order of priority

1. High profile customers from whom i get contact demand

2. TO all DCs

3. Cost - here contact customers have a lesser price when compared to others.

also we have contraint of capacity and raw materails(long lead time).

Please let me know in steps how we can map the above require to SAP

I know we can use Optimizer and CTM.

Please provide steps to realise the same.

Regards,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

In CTM, you have the option of both demand prioritisation and supply categorisation. Through sort profile in demand prioritisation, you can sort various demand elements like category, delivery priority, material available date, requested qty, Order type, customer type, location, etc., You can also do special sorting via ATP cateogires like sales orders, PIRs, Customer, product number, customer type etc., Similarly you can categorise your supplies based on your receipts like inventory, planned orders, production orders etc.,

During optisation using CTM, system sorts the demand as per definition and categorize the supplies and tries to carry out one-to-one match and prioritise the requirements based on the requirement date.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

1) As your SCM scenario is purely on constraint based planning, first you need to fix the planning strategy by bifurcating materials which are to be planned under MTS scenario(make-to-stock) and MTO (make-to-order) scenario items.

2) Once the bifurcation is done, for MTS items, you can plan for optimiser which will take care of your capacity and cost related constratints

3) You can opt for CTM for MTO scenario items wherein you take care of your prioritisation for your customers in terms of priority in supplies

4) In terms of demand planning, create CVCs for the customers and create all planning related objects in DP for those customers.

5) Transportation lanes are maintained across all DC's as preferred.

6) For MTS items, based on previous history(historical data), statistical forescast can be generated and concensus forecast can be arrived out.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

chandra_reddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank You Senthil,

See once the bifurcaion is done.

how can i address the priorities

we have various customers and if the priorities in demand is dynamic how can we address this.

Can you explain the prioritization taking cost, high profile customers, Inventory and cost as parameters taken an example.

Regards,

Chandra