cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Password Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using EP 7.0. I need to provide a functionality to the users to allow them to change there portal password when ever the want ,Please guide by telling me how this can be achieved.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishita Salver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to one all who hepled me close this issue.I have created a custom application using Webdynpro for java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you all for your quick replies.Can we achieve this without any custmoizations that is can we use any standard cofingurations.

I have checked the Portal Personalization ,I am unable to find the Change Password page.

I checked in the Admin Interfaces>Admin iView Templates->Personalize - User Password when i tried to preview of this i got the following message:

" The requested page has been replaced by the new Web Dynpro based administration. Please refer to SAP Note 869852 if you want to use the old administration UI. Click on the following link to access the new administration screen: /useradmin "

I also checked that Note .It was saying that we need to do few configuration in the Config tool to get the those iviews.

Can you please guide me and let me know whether ,I am going the right way and can we do the configuration in the note and will it effect any changes in the portal.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishita Salver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are following the right way. We have done the same as mentioned in the SAP Note. Make the config tool changes, assign the read only copy of the User Admin role as in the note.

Make sure that you have enabled the property "Allow Users to Change Their Own Passwords" in system administration > system configuration > UME configuration > security policy

Regards,

Yoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

The self management functions are mayb e the way to go. See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/0b1d50ec732d2fe10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

If your UME source is not the portal database, then you should maintain the passwords there.

Long term you should aim for a Kerneros based authentication so the users don't need to know a separate password from the network one.

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the below thread that will help you.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have enabled the personalize option in masthead, then you can use the same to achieve this. Personalize page has change password page which enables users to manage their password. Also, you need to change the UME configurations accordingly.

If you could not see the change password page in personalize option, go to Portal Content>Content Provided By SAP>End USer Content>Worksets>Portal personalization role. For the password change page, change the property "Invisible to navigation areas" to No.

Regards,

Yoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might also want to look at this wiki: https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Userselfservicepasswordreset