Did you mean: 

activation fail, broken DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, guru:

we have a track call MRP, and Buildspace are:

- MRP_C

- MRP_D

anyone can tell me what is MRP_C for. is that for consolidation? I checked landscape configurator, runtime systems, and consolidation system is not ticked.

we have problem with activation. and I found our DC under (MRP_C) is broken.

We developed in MRP_D, however, MRP_C has broken DC, and I have no idea. is this will cause activation fail?

If I checked the request log, and I found that a lot of invalid independecies.

-

INVALID DEPENDENCIES: The following dependencies of the DCs in this request are being marked as invalid:

DC: optus.com.au/optusaugecko of compartment optus.com.au_MAINT_REQ_PROCESSING_1 USES UNKNOWN DC: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro [public-part: webDynpro] AS Build Plugin Dependency

[validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED]

DC: optus.com.au/optusaugecko of compartment optus.com.au_MAINT_REQ_PROCESSING_1 USES UNKNOWN DC: sap.com/tc/cmi [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency

DC: optus.com.au/optusaugecko of compartment optus.com.au_MAINT_REQ_PROCESSING_1 USES UNKNOWN DC: sap.com/tc/ddic/ddicruntime [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency

DC: optus.com.au/optusaugecko of compartment optus.com.au_MAINT_REQ_PROCESSING_1 USES UNKNOWN DC: sap.com/tc/ddic/metamodel/content [public-part: default] AS Build-Time Dependency

-

So how can I fix it?

Cheers,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

You can check with your basis administrator who have setup the NWDI landscape.

Generally, tracks *_D are used for development & *_C are used for consolidation purposes.

From the error log, it seems that the required dependent DCs are missing from the said track (to build a WD DC you need to have basic WD / Dictionary related SCs available in the track)

If the DCs were build successfully in *_D development track, it means that the transport of all the required DCs to *_C track was missed, so kindly ask your basis administrator to do the needful.

You can also refer

Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Apr 9, 2009 3:14 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Guru:

I am reading your comments:

-

If the DCs were build successfully in *_D development track, it means that the transport of all the required DCs to *_C track was missed, so kindly ask your basis administrator to do the needful.

-

I checked the landscape configurator, tab "runtime systems", and find consolidation box is not checked.

Shall I check the box and set up a consolidation system? (is it the root cause for the problem you said that transports of all the required DCs to *_C track was missed?)

If so, shall I configure consolidation system same as development system, I mean using same hose, SDM, and port?

Cheers,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think the used DC's are not available in the track, you need to add the used dc's as part the tranck and synchoronize ur dc and deployee that will work,

Cheers,

Apparao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Suppose you have DC name as A,B, B dc used in A Dc as using Add Used Dc..now B dcs resouce are available in Adc.now consider Your Dc is B is broken then B dc resouce available in A Dc.

at time of build A Dc uses some resouce which id dependant Dc.now Dependance Dc is showing as a broken then it could not built at CBS server.then it shows activation fails means Ear file is not deployed in j2ee server ..

you can do help of BASIC people will repair your broken Dc then you will activate and deployed in server.

unless until Dcs broken then you can not dio any thing ..always saying activation fail.

thanks

jati