cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC and BI in the same system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed ECC 6.0, SAP_BW component is there, if I install BI-Cont component to ECC System, then I can use my ECC system as ECC and BI System.

Will it provide pure BI Functionality with ECC system or not?

If we install BI separately from SAP Netweaver installation using SAPinst, then what will be the difference with adding add-on BI-Component.

Is there any database level difference if we install together or separately?

All suugestion will be highly appriciate.

If you have any document related my doubt or architecture document, can you please provide me?

Best Regards,

V.Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at another forum,

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Thanks for response.

Already i went through this post, but it is not fulflling my doubts, waiting for some indepth response.

Best Regards,

V.Singh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In old days combination of OLTP and OLAP was not supported so having them in the same instance, same database was a no go meaning that BI and ECC where separate installation usually in different boxes.

I'm of the opinion that they should be still kept in different instances even though SAP says that they can run together. I think having them in separate gives you a more reliability, single point of error, it's easier to maintain, DB operations will not affect the other system, etc, etc....

Regards

Juan

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario you are looking for is called MCOS (Multiple components on one system) which is an extension to MCOD. both ECC & BI can be installed on a single system, however you have to use separate clients for both.

I have installed ECC 6.0, SAP_BW component is there, 
if I install BI-Cont component to ECC System, then I can use my ECC system as ECC and BI System.

Yes, you should be able to. but you must use separate client for ECC & BI.

Will it provide pure BI Functionality with ECC system or not?

Yes, its supported by SAP. you should review from SAP before implementing this.

If we install BI separately from SAP Netweaver installation using SAPinst,
then what will be the difference with adding add-on BI-Component.

shouldn't be of much difference, considering the fact that BI is based on netweaver.

Is there any database level difference if we install together or separately?

Remember, MCOS is extension to MCOD. that means both ECC & BI would be in a single

database MCOD layout!, so the restrictions for MCOD applies to this also.

If you have any document related my doubt or architecture document, 
can you please provide me?

Please follow 'NetWeaver 7.0 BI and ERP Deployment Options' document here.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3069f9ef-384b-2b10-d593-d967f55a...

But before implementing this scenario, have a look at the 'pro & cons' section for MCOS in the above link.

The important thing that you should remember when keeping ECC & BI in a single system, is the heavy

workload expected in the system.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Thanks a lot for your kind support,

You cleared all my doubts by providing an excellent document link.

Very thankful to you, your response is very highly appreciate.

Best Regards,

V.Singh

Answers (0)