cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can users work on source system when Remote Client Copy is happening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to schedule a Remote client copy between PRD (800) & QAS (700)

Can users work on PRD (800) when this activity is happening.

Export/import method is not happening as client size is too big.

Please advice me on the following.

regards,

rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can users work on PRD (800) when this activity is happening.

>

> Export/import method is not happening as client size is too big.

If it's already too big for export/import then it's MUCH to big for a remote client copy.

Users can work but you will create inconsistencies. If e. g. header tables (just as example EKKO) have been copied already and you copy EKPO (the line items) it's possible that you copy line items where no header is there --> inconsistency.

The best and quickest method is to do a complete system copy using backup/restore or detach/attach (SQL Server). Then you have an identical system which is consistent.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Not suggestable.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

users can work but as SAP has suggested and recommended it should not be the case

users should never work on the system when the client copy is happening as there are strong chances of client copy failing and a lot of inconsistencies creeping in

I my self faced a situation when we were copying the production client to QA client and the users were working in PRD

After 6 hrs around,my PRD went down and we had to restart SAP again

when we talked to SAP for this they told it was because of the large amount of lock entries(lock table overflow) and this because client copy was happening and users were also working

moreover you will get a very slow performance when you do this with users in the system

so please avoid

Rohit