cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Versions in Demand management

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have one requirement...When i am giving plan in MD61 can i give the production versions so that whenever system will create planned order then system will explode that perticular BOM related to that production version.

I can firm the planned order in md04 by giving input in production version and saving it but i want to eliminate this firming activity

I am talking about Production version with to BOM of the same material.

Please help.

Regards,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

It is possible in MD61/MD62 to assign Production Version. You need to select the record and go to Schedule Line tab. In the schedule line tab from the menu I think Environment or extras you would find the option Production Version, it would activate the Production version Column where you can enter the production version and save.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Prasobh.....

Problem solved....I was trying to enter the version but as the field was gray i was not able to put the actual version with which MRP run should takes place....

The option is in setting.

Regards,

Anand.

former_member199502
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Prasobh,

I was not aware of this option.

If we define here,can it takes that production version and explode particular BOm.

means we can maintain PIRs for same material with different production version.

Correct me if am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Girish,

You are right.....i have tested the same and while creating planned order system takes that perticular production version into consideration.

Regards,

Anand.

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Girish,

Yes, it works that way. The only constraint here is that for a period you cannot have multiple production version assigned. If that is required it needs to be handled by Quota arrangements route.

Regards,

Prasobh

former_member199502
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Anand and Prasobh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199502
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Annad,

You cant give production version in MD61.the version in MD61 is different and production version is different.

You can difine different production versions and change it manually in production order.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Firming is done by MRP Type ( which has a firming type assigned to it) and the planning time fence.in MM02 also.

For MRP type P1 & P2 system will firm the existing planned order.

The duration shown the MD61(selection screen] is the planning horizon.

If you do any changes manually in planned order it get firmed so if want to un firm then go inside the planned order and remove the firming indicator and save it.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar