cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manufacturing and trading in one company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can we do manufacturing and trading in one company code?

I think it can be mapped if we create two diff plants one for manufacturing and other for trading.

And we can assign respective business area for this plants.So that client can take P/L and other reports for respective trading and manufacturing purpose.

But I am confused whether to determine business area according to Plant+ Division wise OR Sales Area wise.

Pls guide me if i am wrong.

Regards

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we do manufacturing and trading in one company code?

YES.

I think it can be mapped if we create two diff plants one for manufacturing and other for trading.

You are correct.

And we can assign respective business area for this plants.So that client can take P/L and other reports for respective trading and manufacturing purpose.

You are correct.

But I am confused whether to determine business area according to Plant+ Division wise OR Sales Area wise.

Correct one is 'determine business area according to Plant+ Division wise'

Regards

Rahim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Definitely you can have both Manufacturing & Trading under same Company code. Just as you mentioned create seperate Plants for each activity.

Now for Business area, it is your Client's decision.

If you have seperate Sales Area for manufacturing & Trading, then you can have Business Area based on Sales Area.

Alternatively, if your client requires, you can use Plant + Item Division.

Both the approaches are correct.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi prakash,

You are in a right path, go ahead.

Here you need to create two plants one is for manufacturing and other for trading.

As for as Business area is concern go forward according to your clint requirement like Plant+ Division

wise OR Sales Area wise.

Thanks,

Swamy H P