Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search_Sap_Menu TCode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I Know the use of SEARCH_SAP_MENU TCode?

When I tried on my system ,It asks for TCode or Menu text.

When I given SU01 it gives following output:

Node Transaction code Text

-

Nodes SU01 User maintenance

Preceding node Recipient

Kindly explain the concept of Nodes also.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Karthika

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The transaction "SEARCH_SAP_MENU" helps you to find out the path for a particular transaction in SAP Menu.

That means, instead of directly giving the tcode in the command field, you can navigate in the SAP Menu, by this you will find all the applications to which this transaction linked to.

regards.

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

the nodes represent the folder structure of the menu. So node=folder in this case.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

T-Code SEARCH_SAP_MENU will help you to find out where (wherever) the T-Code located in sap menu .Some T-codes presents in sap menu more then one place.

After ececute the T-code SEARCH_SAP_MENU

You will get list of Preceding node

from that Check the path from down to upwards then you will get the exactly place where the T-code is located.

Node is nothing but PATH

First select the below node in sap menu then select next menu u2026..then you will get the search T-code

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use the authorization concept Functions and processes (composite roles and (derived) roles), you make roles for processes or part of processes. You want to group transactions belonging to those processes. If someone ask for a transaction and you want to know which process it belongs to, you can locate this to a process by looking for its place in the sap menu. You should be carefully with this but it gives you a clue. That is a way to use search_sap_menu, you can also look for text etc. I know that transactions can also be found in the TSTC table, but in this way you can have a overview about the processes.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest