cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you post step by step procedure for getting the form data in the intractive form when i cleik the submit button....

i tried created the interface and form with layoutype standarad,and Ui element in wd side and mapped datasource to context and enabled is tiked and pdfsource mapped that context mapped to form interface also. button is type of webdynpro in interactive form action wrote the code to get the values from the context....

when i test the application the button action is not trigerring can you please tell me ...

I tried to change the form layout type to zcl but it is not accepting. can you please give me step by step procedure for the same...

Thaks

Rams

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valluru,

You can set layoutype to ActiveX or Native, requirements for both are given below. An then use the UI Elements in the form from the library based on the layout type. For example: If you choose LayoutType as ActiveX then you need to use the UI elements in the form form WDP ActiveX Library available in designer.

For ActiveX Forms:

You need to install ActiveX Complonent Framework (ACF installable available in SMP)

This is old version of the forms and is platform dependent as it requires ACF to be installed on the client machine.

For Native Forms:

You do not need to install anything except for Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader 8 or above is required

This is latest version of the forms and is PLATFORM INDEPENDENT as it doesnt require any installation on the client machine.

For debugging purpose tru putting a mssage on button action.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I gave the activeX for the Interactive form property and also same button put in the form.But still that event is not trigerring.

can you please help me in the same.

How to install the ACF? what is that?

can you please tell me.

Thanks

Rams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valluru,

ACF stands for Active Component Framework and is available on SAP SMP. You can download the installable form SMP and then install it on your machine, its just 5MB file. You need to install this first only then your ActiveX form will trigger any actions.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valluru,

To securely install any ACF components that may be missing on the PC, use the ACF installation program to execute the explicit installation.

The current ACF installation for NW04 is available at:

NW04 (supported up to Reader 9.1.0 )

-

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?

id=HJFAGQJKY7R85R90CCOCDMQCZZK35UGU0RYRHQ93XI6K2D1E4F

The current ACF installation for NW04S and any higher version is available at:

NW04S and higher version(supported up to Reader 9.1.0 )

-

Step 1) ACF Controls Installation

id=H61AKVA2KV7WAUA5TUPRER13J18FA0I8Z8XKYZKBUXPCIU1FGI

Step 2) ACFAdobe Installation

id=6240SEFQ941WQGFWRKQT2NIWF9MSEBQWRF6W9ZHAL39FX0CO3M

Please perform the installation steps step1)ACFControls and step2)ACFAdobe in order. This Installation is two step process which is different from NW04 Installation.

After you download these, execute each installation by starting the file.

Further prerequisites to ensure that the ACF works:

The ACF requires a minimum of Windows 2000 and Internet Explorer 6.0. In Internet Explorer, you must be able to execute ActiveX controls as well as scripts from ActiveX controls that are indicated as secure. In addition, ActiveScripting must be permitted. Windows Vista is supported as of NetWeaver 04s Support Package 12 or NetWeaver 04 Support Package 20 (for more information, see Note 1043531).

Before you install the ACF, you must have installed Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Adobe Reader. The supported versions are listed in Note 834573.

The latest ACF components can only be implicitly and automatically downloaded and installed from the browser if ACF has not already been explicitly installed by SAP (either by using "SAP GUI 6.40" or by one of the "xACF.exe" self-extractors listed above). If this is the case, you must first uninstall it:

1.)

Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs

Settings > System controls > Software

a.) Uninstalling "xACF.exe":

"SAP Active Component Framework" > Remove

b.) Uninstalling using the "SAP GUI 6.40" installation:

"SAP Front End" > Change

"Add or Remove SAP Front End components in the component selection wizard"

"Add or Remove SAP Front End components in the component selection wizard"

"SAP GUI" - "Active Components"

2.)

If "Active Components" was distributed from an SAP GUI 6.40 installation server by using the "Package1" installation package, the administrator must define the new "Package2" package, which no longer contains the component

"SAP GUI" - "Active Components"

You can then use the command line

sapsetup.exe /p="Package2"

to start the installation process on the workstation, in order to remove "Active Components".

Note on using multiple sessions with Reader 9:

If a user is using Adobe Reader 9 or later and the user starts a second session by using the Windows Start Menu "Run..." dialog, they will encounter the following message:

"Adobe Reader is already being used in another browser window. Click

the menu option File/New Window in that browser to create another Reader session."

The user will have to use the File/New Window menu option to open a

second session. This is a known limitation.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat